Credit Portfolio Manager 3 - Credit Card Application Fraud Strategy
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This leader will be responsible for Credit Card Application Fraud Strategy within the Credit Card and Co-branded Cards business, including the following major responsibilities:
- Leverage advanced predictive analytics, and expert knowledge of fraud mitigation tools and techniques to detect and mitigate first party and third party application fraud risk
- Build strategic alliances and alignment with Product, Technology, Compliance and Operations to sponsor the implementation of rapid cycle system enhancements.
- Partner with the transaction fraud, payment fraud and portfolio risk management teams to enable a seamless view into early life credit and fraud risk management, while balancing customer experience and business value
- Stay at the leading edge of emerging trends and capabilities in the domains of consumer, device and location fraud detection and prevention, with emphasis on digital.
- Strengthen CIP ( Customer Identification Program) controls
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and business policy and standards (CIP, model risk governance, etc.)
- Provide thought leadership for application fraud practices across the consumer bank. Champion fraud risk strategy and initiatives at the executive level both internally and externally with our retail partners.
- Influence key stakeholders through impactful written and oral communication.
- Generate robust descriptive reporting on various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, mix, delinquency, loss rate and performance information informing fraud strategy decisions.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
If applying through LinkedIn, use #WFRiskJob or #ESGRisk
- 8+ years of risk experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Credit card industry experience
- A Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline
Other Desired Qualifications
- A strong track record and business knowledge in the financial services sector with a deep understanding of credit card credit or fraud risk from a full-cycle perspective, including testing and control within a large financial institution.
- Experience working horizontally across the organization.
- Strong operational and execution skills, with keen attention to detail and experience working horizontally across the organization
- A strong and effective manager and leader, capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff.
- Strong interpersonal, influence and communications skills
- Masters in a Quantitative or Advanced Analytics discipline.