Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range offinancial products and services, including consumerbanking and credit, corporate andinvestmentbanking, securities brokerage, transaction services, andwealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing thecapital markets on behalf of our clients.Citi’sMission and Value Propositionexplain what we do andCiti Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Ourmission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providingfinancial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this samediversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best peoplewant to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.A VP on theHedge Fund Credit Team will beresponsible for managing Citi’s creditrisk to aportfolio of the firm’s most complex and largeHedge Fund relationships. The primary role of a VP within theHedge Fund Credit group will be to manage and dictate therisk Citi is willing to take to the varioushedge funds covered by the analyst; the analyst will also beresponsiblefor:
- Performing initial and annual credit reviews on a portfolio of hedge funds.
- Approving credit facilities, specific transactions and exceptions within delegated credit authority.
- Approving trades and communicating with the sales force on a daily basis
- Advancing and innovating risk management tactics
- Streamlining processes and changing firm-wide policies and procedures to be more reflective of current market conditions
- Negotiating the credit-related terms in ISDA, MRA, MSFTA and other capital markets documentation.
- Partnering with a specific trading desk within the firm, and educating the team on the risks associated with their given desk
- Interacting with Hedge Fund clients, trading desks, operations and legal.
The ideal candidate will be anexperienced, goal oriented hedge fund creditriskmanager with a proven track record of success and leadership. The VP should also possess the following:
- 3-5+ years of previous work experience in a related field
- Breadth of knowledge across Capital Markets trading and lending products, particularly in derivatives, structured and other complex products traded by hedge funds
- Strong grasp of current technologies including stress testing is highly beneficial
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Highly effectively communication skills, used to partner with other groups and present findings and suggestions to management
- Motivated and confident to drive change
- Attention to detail; unaffected by high pressure situations
- Quantitative and intuitive skills in the risks inherent in capital markets products, transactions and positions
- Formal credit training with experience in a global institution
- Real sense for how to build/support business growth.
Job ID: 18025123