At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Credit & Market Risk (CMR) is responsible for independently overseeing the management of credit risk exposures (including monitoring and reporting on aggregate credit exposures across groups, legal entities, and geographies) and the quality of credit risk management practices across the company. This oversight extends to all phases of a loan's lifecycle -- including origination, underwriting, risk analysis, approval, documentation, boarding, monitoring, loss recognition, modification, and collection activities. Credit & Market Risk is responsible for delegating and/or removing credit and investment approval authorities to the lines of business.
The CMR organization is seeing an experienced individual for the Credit Portfolio Cons – Credit Risk Originations opportunity. The successful candidate will join an energetic auto loan credit risk team, strengthening the foundations of our analysis, and helping Wells transform how it delivers for our customers, partners and shareholders. You will be a key agent of change, and an authoritative voice driving us forward to great solutions.
Primary responsibility will be to provide accurate, forward-looking credit loss assessments to be used at loan origination for setting interest rates. The team member will provide risk advice and assistance to pricing strategy, and will also assist with loss impact assessments of credit policy initiatives.
The team member will write compelling proposals on how to improve our estimates, and will ensure orderly review and approval. The team member will build strong working relationships across teams so as to understand their requirements (legal, compliance, operational risk), and/or leverage their findings about loss patterns (originations, collections, portfolio loss forecasting teams). The team member will actively track developments in the auto finance industry that impact losses. This team member will work closely with modeling partners, and will be the primary auto credit risk member responsible for oversight of acquisition loss-assessment models.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assessing the accuracy of loss estimates calculated at acquisitions, and, when needed, assisting in development of adjustment recommendations to restore accuracy.
- By developing relationships with Corporate Economics and loss forecasting groups, understanding recent fluctuations in loss patterns as they relate to economic and portfolio effects.
- Assisting in monitoring and reporting on industry trends as they impact auto loan credit losses
- Synthesizing information on internal and industry loss performance into cogent update proposals; organizing appropriate meetings with stakeholders and approvers, and building consensus.
- Assisting production of reports on loss assessments performance versus actual loss, especially for assistance in pricing, credit strategy, and for assessing the adequacy of returns.
- As a partner to finance, providing credit risk support to pricing strategy development.
- Keeping abreast of pricing strategy changes, providing input and assessing impacts on credit risk and returns.
- Working with compliance, legal, and other credit risk teams, help discover new methods or data that accurately distinguish the risk of credit loss.
- As the main business user, overseeing acquisition credit loss estimation development, along with user-focused performance monitoring.
Qualified candidates within major Wells Fargo locations will be considered.
- 8+ years of risk experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and delivering presentations, with experience building consensus across partners in the business.
- 3+ years credit risk, finance, or credit portfolio management experience with a consumer lending product; auto preferred.
- Strong SAS/SQL programming experience.
- Strong statistical analysis capabilities, and experience creating large analytical datasets.
- Demonstrated understanding of statistical modeling, either as an end user, reviewer or developer.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- MS Office Suite proficiency.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Economics, Math, Engineering, Finance, or similar)
- Reputation for integrity, accuracy, big picture orientation and business understanding.