It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The PVSI team includes Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels, and Innovation including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our Consumer Credit Solutions (CCS) Unsecured Credit Risk team manages the credit quality of the unsecured CCS portfolios, partnering with Consumer Financial Services and Retail Services from origination through account management and authorizations to collections.
Wells Fargo Credit Card Acquisitions Risk has an exciting and visible opportunity for a Credit Portfolio Consultant 3 to be part of a team responsible for Unsecured new accounts contributing to double the size of the flow of new credit card originations over the next few years. This key individual will be responsible for Unsecured card line strategy development. This individual will:
- Manage risk, size opportunities, prioritize work, build business cases, adhere and test existing policy criteria;
- Manage complex analysis to assure profitable growth while minimizing credit/operating losses and reputation/compliance risk exposure;
- Partner closely with compliance and other Card business areas to develop risk criteria and propose strategies; partner with various credit, deposit and product groups and external vendors to develop effective ways to manage new account decisions, leveraging best practices and new data;
- Maintain timelines and provide business case development and approval;
- Manage the rollout of pilot programs and criteria changes that present risk;
- Create and share monitoring reporting on various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, mix, delinquency, loss rate and performance information informing approval strategy decisions;
- Prepare and present work to senior managers to garner support and approval;
- May direct or coach the work of lower level consultants.
The desired individual will be self-motivated and have strong interpersonal skills in order to actively manage risk while leading and implementing ideas in a cross-functional team environment
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 3+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- 6+ years of risk experience
- Credit card industry experience
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years prior credit underwriting, risk management, or comparable position with a credit product (or 4+ years with a Ph.D. degree)
- Strong SAS and SQL data processing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Results driven attitude, problem solving skills
- Well organized, attention to detail
- Works effectively through change, able to multitask
- Prior experience in both credit card and personal loan risk management role in unsecured lending, especially acquisition underwriting and lineassignment
- Proven track record with hands on experience in business analytics and recommendations
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with all levels of audience