At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Real Estate Default Risk team seeks an experienced Credit Portfolio Consultant to manage deep-dive analytics of default risk indicators/metrics for the Home Lending Credit Risk Dashboard (Corporate Risk 4100 policy). This will include, but not limited to, the dashboard annual review to ensure default risk metrics effectively reflecting business model and performance; update the default risk metrics on monthly basis; and to communicate default risk strategy and operations changes and analytical findings to senior management and business partners. This position will also support the disaster reporting that monitors loan performance based on disaster related payment collection and loan modification treatments; create presentation/discussion package for quarterly home lending loan modification council; manage and update the monthly customer bankruptcy filing data mart.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Take a leading role in achieving results that meet default risk management business needs and regulatory requirements.
- Perform complex and in-depth analysisto gain insight from data mining.
- Communicate emerging trends and analytical findings to Senior Management and business partners.
- Recommend strategy/process/policy improvements based on recent trends, regulatory requirements and business partner intiatives.
- Design new reporting in an efficient manner to support policy and strategy initiatives incluidng urgent business changes.
- Effectively navigate multiple data sources and analyze and interpret large data sets.
- Demonstrate a team approach while acting as an analytical leader and provide supervision to junior level CPC’s.
- 6+ years of risk experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
Other Desired Qualifications
- Effectively articulate complex analysis and strategy recommendations in a clear, concise manner.
- Experience working with large datasets across multiple data sources.
- Ability to accurately reconcile and validate data sources.
- Advanced experience in SAS and / or SQL.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively interact with team members, business partners and stakeholders.