Piper Companies is currently seeking a Senior Credit Policy Analyst strong in SAS, SQL & Python at our client headquarters in McLean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to own end-to-end development and implementation of credit policy in Consumer Lending products space and conducting credit risk monitoring and analytics.
Responsibilities of the Senior Credit Policy Analyst include:
- Develop and manage automated and judgmental decision within credit policies for both new account acquisition and accounts on book, from approve/decline, line assignment and portfolio risk management.
- Define risk segmentation, loss expectations and risk premium to support Risk Adjusted Pricing.
- Drive monitoring and analyses of credit risk for both organic and acquired portfolio, prepare related management reporting package and provide insights on root causes, emerging credit trends and implications on Allowance for Loan Losses.
- Perform business line program deep dive and monitoring on credit policy change to drive credit policy optimization and risk mitigation strategies, inform corporate strategic decisions, enable better member experience and improve efficiencies.
- Provide ongoing or ad-hoc risk analytics to support credit or new product expansion.
- Develop statistical sampling and scoring methods to support judgment decision review program.
- Collaborate with business line product managers in optimizing marketing campaigns used in acquisitions that align with the credit policies and scoring models.
- Partner with key stakeholders in various groups (Credit Risk Modeling, Business Lines, Compliance, Operations, Finance and Enterprise Risk Management) to identify areas of opportunity and spearhead initiatives in order to enable profitable growth while minimizing credit risk exposure and adapting to changing economic and regulatory environment.
Qualifications for the Senior Credit Policy Analyst include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Quantitative Discipline or Equivalent, Finance required. MBA or Master's Degree in the related field highly preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years' experience in credit risk policy and analysis, credit risk management or modeling in financial services industry.
- Experience in Consumer Lending products including Credit Card, Auto Loan and Unsecured Personal Loan is ideal.
- Strong skills in various data analysis and visualization tools including SQL, Tableau, Excel and PowerPoint are required. Proficiency with statistical tools (SAS, R) is preferred.
- Proven project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills in order to actively lead and implement ideas in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Compensation of the Senior Credit Policy Analyst include:
- Salary: $105,000 to $120,000/year + Bonus
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Match and Paid Time Off