VF Outdoor, a division of VF Corporation, is proud to call Appleton, WI home, providing support for exciting VF brands including The North Face, Vans, JanSport, Timberland, Kodiak, Smartwool, Reef and Eagle Creek. Come be a part of a diverse team that values honesty, integrity and respect!
The Credit Manager role is part of the VF Outdoor Coalition Credit team that protects VF Outdoor Coalition assets while maximizing sales by establishing appropriate payment terms for all customers, ensuring the integrity of Accounts Receivable, and maintaining positive relationships with customers, sales reps and other internal departments. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
- Maintains DSO (Days Sales Outstanding) at acceptable levels by enforcing VF’s collection policy.
- Keeps bad debt loss to an acceptable level by limiting risks with appropriate credit limits and terms.
- Ensures Accounts Receivable integrity by managing assigned accounts and the write-off of uncollectible balances.
- Assures equitable treatment of credit applicants by following all VF procedures, processes and policies regarding credit management
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars, reviewing professional publications and participating in trade organizations. Develops and maintains sources of credit and industry information by membership and participation in industry trade groups.
- Assists other departments by identifying operational problems through charge-back analysis.
- Maintains staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
- Insure control related standards and procedures determined by VF are followed.
- 10-12 years Credit management experience
- Bachelors degree in Business with major in Finance or Accountingrequired or NACM (National Association of Credit Management) and CBF (Credit Business Fellow) professional designation.
- Experience in Credit Card Processing software, SAP, and Excel
- Full working knowledge of SAP systems
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent supervisory/leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Stamina able to be maintained to manage a work level that may exceed 40 hours per week.
- Must possess good judgement and ability to problem solve
- High energy and positive outlook
- Stamina able to be maintained to manage a work level that may exceed 40 hours per week
- High level of integrity
Why should you work at VF?
- Discounts on all VF products
- Casual work environment and amazing culture
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- 401K match – 6%