DescriptionThe Go to Market (GTM) Credit Manager is responsible for influencing change, recommendations of strategy and efficiency to Global Director of Credit and GPO. The scope of the GTM team includes primarily Credit, Collections, Billing, and Cash Application. The GTM Manager and team will facilitate streamlined support for the sales and customer service teams. He/She will execute strategy and ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of programs. Enables initiatives through change management, leadership ability and transformation activities. This role is responsible for the in-house North American Credit Risk teams and portfolios and may include realignment of resources to ensure proper coverage of such. The credit manager position is accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers and the assessment of credit worthiness of potential customers, with the goal of maximizing customer relationships and reducing bad debt. This position is responsible across all business units including but not limited to Staples, Quill and other acquisitions.
Key Job Responsibilities
Impact on Business (i.e. business contribution; nature and scope of responsibility; risk and financial management; strategic vs. tactical vs. delivery orientation.
- Ensure credit risk is minimized
- Ensure delivery of business results by meeting or exceeding SLAs
- Lead productivity improvement efforts to guarantee all processes are efficient, cost effective and consistent with overall department practices.
- Support GTM strategy by supporting 10 regional CSC teams dedicated to expediting customer/sales related issues, increase sales selling time, and deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Connect with various O2C service areas to ensure issues are expedited and resolution time is minimized.
- Apply key learnings across divisions, develop communication plan.
- Escalate service level failures to function leads, track resolution
- Represent O2C for sales initiated calls/meetings, solicit SME’s to support agenda topics
- Lead team to perform as the contact point for urgent CSC/sales escalations, facilitate delegation to correct team/tower, and address SLA deficiencies.
- Escalate service failures to Senior Manager or Director of Credit as appropriate
Innovation and Change (i.e. improvements to procedures, services, or products, as well as development of new ideas, methods, techniques, services and products)
- Leverage workflow tools to innovate and streamline internal processes, portals and systems.
- Evaluate all credit review processes to mitigate corporate risk and escalate all potential corporate exposure risks due to financial distress and/or past due balances.
- Make recommendations to enable effective credit decision models for new and existing customers.
- Proactive engagement with GPO to identify process improvement opportunities and standardization across the organization around the OTC process
Communication/Interactions: Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties (i.e. include level or job title of customer relationship and the nature of the customer relationship management and service delivery as well as the type of interaction; adapt/exchange of information, influence, or negotiate)
- Ability to invoke customer action through soliciting, evaluating and acting upon credit risk while maintaining a professional relationship.
- Capable of working with all levels of the organization up to and including cross function relationships.
- Ability to communicate positive feedback and constructive criticism while motivating the team to reach goals set by leadership.
- Proactively provide training for CSC/Sales personnel to minimize recurring issues.
- Collaborate with O2C tower leaders to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Build and develop a strong SME team agreed upon SLA’s
People Leadership (i.e. staff management; accountability for hiring, coaching, training, conducting performance review, determining pay actions)
- Make certain company goals are communicated among supervisors and analysts and that time is being spent working towards meeting and exceeding those goals.
- Communicate clear, concise and honest feedback to employees.
- Review and manage performance goals with team members
Business Strategy (if contributes to business strategy; is position responsible for defining, modifying or executing and is focus on long term (typically 3-5 years) or short- to mid-term (12-18 months))
- Perform root cause analysis on pain points within credit department to ensure workflow is streamlined and that analysts are focusing on meaningful tasks.
- Support short term strategy to transform and mitigate exposure to aged AR.
- Initiate process improvements among cross functional teams.
- Ensure goals are aligned with Director of Credit.
QualificationsKPIs– Key Performance Indicators (i.e. how is success defined in this role?)
- Successfully coach team to deliver goals.
- Support reporting of WC improvements and cost savings
- Minimize bad debt
Education/Experience Equivalent (minimum requirements)
- 5+ years with Credit knowledge and experience
- 3-5 years of leading a Credit department
- Competent to work on complex projects and recommend changes where needed.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, specifically Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but on the job experience taken in to consideration.
Professional Certifications / Licenses
- Prefer Credit Industry training demonstrating continuous learning
- Prefer credit industry group participation (i.e. NACM/CRF) Professional
- Management experience in a high volume, growing organization
- Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various cross-functional groups
- Proven experience in reducing DSO, minimizing bad debt and increasing working capital.
Other Skills (e.g. specialized training, language proficiency, functional expertise etc.)
- Fraud prevention training preferred
Does this role exercise discretion and independent judgment? X Yes ? No If yes, list 2-3 examples:
- Evaluate credit worthiness of customers, validate collection issues
- Support negotiation of credit issues to enable order release, escalate recommendation per matrix
- Oversee execution of order holds related to fraud and credit risk. Internal
Job Comparison: (Indicate jobs that may be compared to this job in terms of scope, level of knowledge/skill, innovation, interpersonal communication, technical guidance, supervisory responsibility, decisions making, financial impact, planning and education/experience requirements.)
- Lower Director of Corporate Credit
- Equal Collection Manager
- Higher Supervisor of Credit