At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Credit Approval and Administration team provides education, guidance and best practices related to First Republic's credit culture and policy. Our team includes members of the Executive Loan Committee and Credit Administration who approve and monitor loans in accordance with our credit culture and policy.
As a Credit Manager, you will manage credit risk and portfolio monitoring program for the Eagle Loan Portfolio. Create tracking methodologies, develop and support key credit risk identification process, manage and monitor overall credit quality of varied product in the Eagle suite of lending products. Identify and manage potential and actual problem asset transactions and keep senior management advised of suspect trends or transactions that require pre-emptive action or attention. Lead monthly and quarterly review processes, manage client contact and follow up to ensure that certification deadlines are met.
What you'll do as a Credit Manager, Special Assets:
- Ensure stability of ongoing Eagle portfolio, including monitoring existing credit facilities trends as well as for financial and reporting covenant compliance. Anticipate problem loans and work with Credit Administration to take appropriate action. Coordinate credit waivers, amendments, and policy updates with Credit Administration department.
- Oversee risk program, including assisting department management in tracking Eagle program risk and portfolio objectives and activities. Respond to questions on program performance, prepare monthly internal reports and respond to internal inquiries regarding performance and program activities
- Monitor Delinquency/Default of both individual borrowers and of the portfolio as a whole. Manage and monitor reports monthly and track overall levels of delinquency. Provide information on the status of loan payments of current clients monthly, and assist in collection and provide post-loan technical assistance.
- Identify and determine proper course of action for exception situations that arise. Recommend loan modifications, requests for restructures and termed-out lines of credit. Recommend appropriate risk ratings and reserves for restructured loans. Negotiate mutually acceptable loan restructures between client and bank. Work with Loan Monitoring Group to establish financial reporting monitoring practices and procedures.
- Complete daily monitoring of loan Delinquency Reports, monthly covenant /agreement exceptions reports, identify and provide status updates for high risk credits to Credit Administration and Business Banking senior management
- Manage Eagle Lending special asset activities, including Loan workouts, bankruptcy filings. Coordinate interaction with legal counsel regarding documentation and monitoring of legal efforts related to Eagle loans sent to outside counsel for collection. Coordinate recommendations/ acceptances for legal settlements.
- Oversee annual review and loan covenant compliance process: ensure that client compliance with loan covenants is monitored, including an annual covenant compliance review. Manage any changes through loan workouts and other negotiation with clients.
- Perform Duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by manager.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in managing portfolio monitoring and credit risk activities.
- Possess excellent communication and people skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team or independently,
- Strong analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Outstanding and effective oral and written communication skills are required along with a basic knowledge of economics, accounting, and finance and have the ability to apply that knowledge to understanding the overall lending and business environment.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that's the First Republic way.