Develops operational goals for department and implements protocols and procedures. Ensure key metrics are tracked and achieved. Manages customer credit risk. Supervises Accounts Receivable staff, handles training and development of team members.
What Will You Do?
- Approves new credit applications by verifying information, requesting credit references, analyzing financial statements or other Credit tools to assess the Company's risk. Assigns and approves accounts to be entered in our ERP system.
- Handles all Bankruptcy and Collection issues as follows: Analyze and setup accounts for Collection Agency, File all documents for Bankruptcy cases, ex. Proof of Claim & Preference Claims. Also be a resource for all Subsidiaries on Credit and Bankruptcy issues.
- Calculates DSO and reserve analysis on a monthly basis.
- Analyzes accounts (for continued risk and/or credit limit changes) and release orders on Credit Hold daily.
- Files claims with our insurance company for any lost or damaged shipments.
- Prepares budget for Credit Department, Reconcile Bad Debt Account and accruals. Approves check requests of customer refunds.
- Runs daily cash (includes wire & ACH) receipts and distributes to the A/R group for cash posting. Help GL Accountant with the reconciliation of the Cash and Check clearing accounts.
- Document and analyze current A/R processes and tools. Improve productivity of the team through process improvement, implementing better tools, and reorganization of team.
- Manages accounts receivable staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Establishes and maintains employee performance standards. Works with employees to set goals and define development needs. Provides ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- B.S. in Business or Accounting
- 5+ years of credit experience
- 5+ years exprience in accounting
- 3+ years of management experience
Preferred Knowedge & Skills:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting rules, practices, and reporting requirements. Maintains a current awareness and understanding of legal rules. Complies with the company's code of ethics, internal controls, independence rules and quality control practices.
- Must have strong financial control background and demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills. Must demonstrate good judgment, well developed business ethics, integrity and consultancy skills.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load. Able to analyze situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities. Ability to handle highly sensitive material appropriately and maintain a high level of confidentiality is required.
- Exceptional computer skills, extensive knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base software, proficiency with various e-mail, meeting management and related communications software.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Able to provide clear and concise information and create effective reports, presentations and business correspondence.
- Solid leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others.