If a career with an organization that rewards performance and provides a stable and supportive environment for its associates nationwide sounds good to you, Ferguson may just be the place for you. Our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer service, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today.
We are currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Credit Manager. If you have familiarity and experience with credit, collections and accounts receivable coupled with an interest in contributing directly to the bottom line of a multi-billion-dollar organization, this is the position for you!
As Credit Manager, you will administer the daily credit and collection management duties of the credit department within the guidelines set forth in the company credit policy manual consistent with the various approval limits assigned to each credit manager. The execution of this task must be accomplished in the manner which is both sales supportive, minimizes credit losses and maximizes return on accounts receivable investment.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct or supervise credit investigations on existing and potential customers to extend or raise credit limit
- Review credit information obtained, evaluate the credit risk and approve or decline credit accounts
- Monitor monthly balances of customers
- Follow closely the course of aging accounts and determine action to be taken personally or by assistants on delinquent accounts
- Plan and maintain a program for the systematic follow-up and collection of receivables
- Review and manage credit limits daily
- Review lien filing report daily to protect and enforce bond and lien rights
- Follow up on disputes in a timely manner and work with salespeople and customers to resolve.
- Facilitate bad debt recovery by monitoring potential write-offs and collecting on previous write-offs, and taking legal action when necessary
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of all local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to the management and collection of accounts receivable including but not limited to: Anti-Trust, Liens, Bonds Fair Debt Collection Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Record Retention, Sarbanes-Oxley, and the Uniform Commercial Code
- Work with customers in the branch and visit them onsite regularly, either with salespeople or alone.
- Extend credit to customers in accordance with established company policies and terms in a timely manner
- Evaluate the need for joint check agreements for job accounts
- Personally handle credit beyond subordinates authority, major accounts requiring individual attention, marginal accounts, problem accounts, special credit arrangements, and deviations from standards
A successful Credit Manager will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Finance field preferred
- 7+ yrs Credit Management Experience required
- Experience in Credit, Collections, and/or Accounts Receivables in the Construction industry
- Self-confident, strong communication skills and inquisitive
- Good judgment, problem solving skills, and ability to see the “big picture”
- Handle stress, manage time and people and analyze numbers