Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
- Support profit center sales and profitability initiatives through the extension of customer credit and management of accounts receivable portfolios, consistent with overall Company guidelines and under the supervision of the Director of Finance.
- Evaluate creditworthiness of new and existing customers, authorize and monitor customer credit limits, and credit-approve sales orders in accordance with delegated limits of authority and overall Company credit policies.
- Manage the accounts receivable portfolio of assigned profit center(s) through timely collection follow-up with customers, resolution of disputes, and enhancement of cash flow within established days sales outstanding (DSO) and delinquency guidelines.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships in support of both sales and credit management initiatives.
- Coordinate with Director Finance, Corporate Legal Department, outside counsel, or collection agencies, as necessary, on asset-recovery strategies and tactics.
- Assist profit center management in the review and negotiation of contract and purchase order terms and conditions.
- Protect and enhance profit center profitability through the administration of appropriate cash discount and service charge programs.
- Establish and maintain procedures to maximize secondary job protection (Mechanics Liens, Payment Bonds, etc.).
- Keep profit center management, Area Financial Manager, and Director Finance informed on matters related to customer accounts and credit trends within the assignment or territory.
- Assist in the evaluation of unapproved suppliers, and ensure customer satisfaction prior to payment of unapproved suppliers.
- Minimum of 3 years of experiencerequired: Financial Manager IV or equivalent
- Four-yeardegreerequired: Business Degree; Major in Finance preferred
Knowledge, Skills, AbilitiesKnowledge
- Knowledge of general business principles
- Knowledge of intermediate to advanced corporate finance
- Knowledge of commercial legal principles
- Knowledge of accounting and financialreporting.