What you’ll do:
- Manage collections team to meet & exceed monthly & quarterly cash collection, delinquency & DSO targets.
- Manage collections team to prepare & provide in depth analysis on the client status of the various stages of delinquency & making recommendations to Sales & CFS management on solutions to dispute & escalate activity to legal.
- Prepare & provide key metrics & collection results pertaining to team targets on cash collection & delinquency goals to CFS management
- Decide creditworthiness of new and renewing business opportunities with sales. Review non-standard terms and billing schedule requests and provide recommendations to sales or decline. Provide updated language, calculation of credits for renewing contracts & recommendations for edits before submission to Client
- Present CFS collections requirements to Sales new hire training classes & facilitate presentations throughout the year of process improvement to increase productivity & efficiency for Sales.
- Hire, train and develop all collections associates to meet and exceed their goals and objectives.
- Understand & adhere to all corporate guidelines for pricing, legal, product, Gold Notes, SOX & country specific laws
- Partner with all business units to continually improve processes and relationships to increase productivity.
- Master all collections process through iCollections combining collection efforts via phone & email to the Client.
- Ensuring the team updates their notes and records accurate status codes in iCollections
- Coordinate with the GEMS & the Order Management teams to validate Clients outstanding balance and authorize the refunding of any overpayment coordinating with Cash Applications.
- Identify Client issues early & escalate to finance and sales management.
- Provide recommendations for enforcing terms or preparing a payment plan directly with the Client.
- Authorize credit memos and ensure accurate coding depending upon the nature of the credit.
- Hiring, managing performance, coaching and developing associates to deliver outstanding performance.
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, Legal, Corporate Pricing and Deal Hub management and provide guidance to resolve issues and handle escalations.
- Proactively lead monthly meetings with sales managers and teams.
- Proactive and inquisitive problem-solving.
- Regular review and updating of processes to ensure the department maintains pace with the changing environment.
- Conduct training at various levels (Team, Department, Sales New Hires and assigned Sales regions).
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management role.
- Experienced in the Credit & Collections process
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in credit management systems implementations / upgrades.
- Experience leading and developing large teams.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner.
- Effective listening skills.
- Time management skills.
- Microsoft Office skills essential.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards