The Credit Manager -- Equipment Finance is responsible for working with the Equipment Finance sales and leadership teams to screen new business prospects. Uses extensive industry and credit knowledge to perform due diligence, credit underwriting including risk ratings, legal documentation and sees the deal through until closing. Has significant interactions with existing and potential customers by participating on sales calls, customer visits, etc. in order perform these tasks. The Credit Manager -- Equipment Finance is also responsible for overseeing the work of Credit Analysts and Portfolio Managers in these areas.
- Participates in sales calls and customer visits to evaluate risk and analyze business prospects' financial statements, collateral, etc. Coordinates due diligence on new deals, modifications to existing deal, covenants, etc. Negotiates terms and resolutions to complex credit issues and makes recommendations to Sr. Leaders. Prepares prescreen and underwriting memos and recommends credit decisions to Credit and Business Leaders. Reviews legal documents to ensure they are consistent with credit approval. Ensures compliance with Bank policy, procedure and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors new business and ongoing credit portfolio functions. Prepares required credit documents including annual reviews, modifications, waivers and amendments and presents the merits of the deal with the Credit and Group Leaders. Prepares Credit Memos for review by the approval authorities, incorporating findings of due diligence.
- Participates in setting business strategy and business plan development, including involvement in segment white paper and industry studies and new product development. Cross sells a variety of Bank products and services.
- Provides support and guidance to the Business Development Officers during the credit review process and addresses any follow up questions.
- Credit Analyst
- Portfolio Manager I, II, III
- Heavy contact with customers, attorneys and others involved in the loan process
Credit Manager - Equipment Finance
Full Time/Part Time
- Advanced Degree - MBA/CPA and/or relevant professional certifications
- Formal credit training
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 15+ years of credit experience including a comprehensive knowledge of loan and financial analysis techniques and accounting with a well demonstrated understanding of loan risk factors.
- Comfortable with complex legal documents and their negotiation.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to analyze financial statements.
- Desired: Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on goal setting, problem solving and follow up, Experience in managing or leading a team.