The Credit Manager is responsible for providing leadership, support, credit approvals and factoring policies and procedures to ensure the overall quality of Commercial Billing’s Credit Department.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Five years’ work experience managing a credit department required, preferably in a factoring environment
- Full-service factoring and offering recourse and non-recourse experience
- Credit experience on buy-side and sell-side of traditional factoring.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance or Accountingpreferred) required.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis knowledge/skills is required
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, team and written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems
- Ability to process a variety of information and quickly draw relevant conclusions and summarize results
- Exhibit ownership of problems and display accountability for actions
- Excellence in MS Office skills and related computer knowledge (Gmail, Google Sheets)
- Cadence / FactorSoft software experience a plus
- Savvy usage of technology and a data driven mindset
- Vast understanding of credit reporting agencies (D&B, Experian, etc.)
**Position can also be located in Houston/Dallas, TX or Birmingham, AL.**
- Approvals/Declinations of factoring transactions within delegated authority
- Daily management of existing portfolio, including credit updates, account closures, credit renewals and reporting to management.
- Conduct detailed research, analyze and interpret the feasibility and riskassociated with each transaction
- Evaluate / underwrite new seller and/or buyer credit
- Communicate with sales team regarding new seller underwriting details and deal structure
- Manage and develop staff of credit investigators and underwriters including preparing goals and performance appraisals
- Implement operating policies and procedures for the credit department and each credit department employee
- Responsible for the credit policies and its compliance with regulations and laws, credit risk, product and program management. Follow risk management processes. Follow safeguards to protect company assets and ensure compliance with corporate and company procedures.
- Manage portfolio concentrations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Sales and Operations departments
- Financial statement analysis
- Underwrite files and analyze data, weigh risk factors and make sound credit decisions under pressure
- Ensure quality customer service is provided to all sellers and buyers
- Continual review of department to identify improvements including work flow, system enhancements and productivity/efficiency enhancements.