CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Credit Manager to work with our patrons and staff who can bring expertise to our General Manager, Location Managers, and Sales Staff. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Provide credit management expertise to country locations in order to minimize probability of credit losses, while maintaining effective processes to maximize sales and profitability.
- Develop and extend crop loan input loan packages (extended credit programs) using interior and exterior services.
- Conduct credit investigations and provide lending advice to locations, managers and sales staff.
- Mitigate risk by reviewing CHS Capitol and other loan guarantees. Coordinate approvals on CHS guaranteed loans.
- Educate staff on credit management, train staff on programs and provide instruction on loan servicing and collection skills.
- Administer and coordinate specially assigned extended credit programs to maximize sales while still managing risk appropriately.
- Monitor accounts and perform collection calls and communication on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure that locations are administering policies and procedures as directed.
- Analyze credit exposure on business accounts, recommend/determine reserves for bad debt, and develop monitoring systems and spreadsheets as needed.
- Assist location staff with difficult recoveries, facilitate meetings with troubled accounts, represent Country Operations at mediations, depositions, or court hearings. Work with attorneys to negotiate outcomes.
- Stay informed on events that affect our business as well as our customer’s business decisions such as changes in grain prices, input prices, weather, politics, etc.
- Work in conjunction with our Grain Marketing, Agronomy, Energy, and Retail divisions to maximize business opportunities and manage risk.
- Travel to country locations to work with staff to analyze credit and accounts receivable; develop relationships with the personnel and patrons at country locations, meet with patrons to attempt to resolve issues.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field (4 additional years of experience in credit and or finance may offset education requirement)
- 7 years of industry experience on Agricultural lending, credit and collections, and agricultural operations
- Experience with UCC crop lien laws
- Knowledge of financial requirements of farming operations that includes income/expense projections and grain marketing strategies
- Knowledge of court procedures and bankruptcy statutes
- Ability to travel as needed