Exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join our Wausau Equipment team, in New Berlin, WI.
The Accountant II actively participates in the daily standard cost accounting function in an MRP environment, in addition to the month-end close process, pulling reports and schedules, and preparing inventory and costing journal entries and reconciling accounts. Prepares reports which summarize functional manufacturing, sales and cost activity, performance metrics for the airport and municipal products, explaining variances from standards and budget, and monitoring expenses for compliance to budgets.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Guide financial decisions, protect assets, and maintain financial security by monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures and enforcing internal controls.
- Establish standard costs for all manufacturing parts and components. Review setup of all new parts for completeness of required data.
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of all weekly and month-end financial reporting including all appropriate supporting reports.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing transactional information.
- Lead the inventory accuracy and cycle counting program.
- Prepare special reports comparing actual to plan performance of each of the manufacturing business units.
- Achieve budgeted expense objectives by collecting, analyzing and recommending corrective actions early.
- Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Perform variance analysis, investigate and determine proper adjustments from standards.
- Assist Operations and Sales with pricing and margin analysis for new sales opportunities.
- Continually analyze, evaluate and refine all back-office process then work with the Controller to eliminate activities that do not add value.
- Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue.
- Work closely with the accounting generalist.
- Prepare and maintain all government reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Exceptional computer skills with a command knowledge of all software programs used by the organization (e.g. JD Edwards, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from regulatory agencies. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to company employees and management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid, well thought and supported conclusions.
- Establishes credibility and trust easily. Respects confidentiality and ethical standards of the position. Able to multi-task with the ability to take on additional project assignments without sacrificing accuracy and timeliness of foundation.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Self-starter with solid organizational skills and ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
· CPA preferred or equivalent experience.
· A minimum of 5 years work experience in a standard costing manufacturing environment, with 1 to 3 years in Public Accounting is preferred.