First National Bank of Omaha is looking to fill a Sr. Analyst, Credit Loss Forecasting position in Omaha, Nebraska. The Sr. Analyst, Credit Risk is responsible for the development and maintenance of Credit Risk Foresting models and methodologies for consumer banking products, and the communication of forecast results with cross-functional areas and regulators. The incumbent will serve as the subject matter expert regarding the monitoring and quality control processes within Credit Risk Administration. The role is accountable for duties including credit related operations across the enterprise, business analysis for both consumer and business lending, and monitoring potentially suspicious activity on customer accounts.
- Perform statistical analysis to identify data trends and relationships, develop and maintain credit risk forecasting models. Apply time series analysis, survival analysis and other modeling techniques to develop credit loss forecasting models. Document developed models according to FNNI Model Risk policies and procedures. Communicate statistical analyses and forecast results, working with cross functional areas, to ensure successful interpretation.
- Work with Finance to provide Loss Forecasts for Marketing P&Ls, Portfolio Purchases and Sales, Reserve for Bad Debt analysis and Portfolio Stress Test, while ensuring validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy of underlying statistical models and methodologies utilized.
- Identify and explore new credit risk forecasting methodologies. Research industry trends and macroeconomic indicators to incorporate into loss forecast process to identify risks and opportunities and improve forecast accuracy.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. (foreign equivalent accepted) in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or a related quantitative field required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Credit Risk forecasting or other related forecasting using SAS or Microsoft R required
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel required
- Demonstrate proven ability to work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment; ability to present recommendations and influence senior management
- Knowledge of additional programming languages preferred