Credit Hedge Fund Analyst, Global Credit Opportunity Fund (GCOF)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.61 trillion* in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,100 employees in 13 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients
PIMCO is seeking a senior corporate credit analyst to help analyze, recommend, and monitor investment opportunities across higher beta IG and HY credit as well as stressed / distressed and select equities. The analyst will be focused on working on the Global Credit Opportunity Fund (GCOF):
- GCOF is PIMCO’s flagship $3bln credit relative value hedge fund, focused on opportunities in corporate credit, structured products, and select macro-related strategies.
- The corporate strategies are focused on relative value and include fundamental long short, capital structure relative value including debt/equity, bond-CDS basis and curve trades.
- The Fund largely focuses on large, complex capital structures within higher beta segments of the market.
- Develop investment recommendations for the lead Portfolio Manager based on fundamental and relative value analysis within the analyst’s coverage universe of 10-15 companies.
- Proactively communicate changes / updates on existing portfolio holdings.
- Work directly with the lead Portfolio Manager to answer questions regarding credit concerns, industry changes, and relative value mispricings.
- Interact internally with Product Management professionals and externally with clients.
- Minimum 5years as a long/short Equity or Credit hedge fund analyst
- A highly analytical and quantitative bent.
- Exceptional modeling skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience within TMT and/or healthcare/pharma sectors strongly preferred
- Significant expertise in analyzing bond and loan covenants.
- Deep experience in stressed & distressed investing as well as expertise in relative value trades.
- Experience and enthusiasm for finding compelling short opportunities as well as longs.
- Experience with analyzing, valuing, and finding compelling equitytrades, both long and short.
- Strong academic pedigree
- Prior experience at an established credit hedge fund preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.