We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer bankingexperience. And we make banking beautiful.
As Simple’s Credit Compliance Manager, you’ll be responsible for creating Simple’s credit compliance management program and performing compliance reviews on internal processes and procedures to support ongoing regulatory compliance with consumer lending, including servicing and collection financial regulations.
You will report to Simple’s Compliance Officer and frequently collaborate with Product, Compliance and Business Operations.
The Compliance Team at Simple consists of people that are passionate about creating sound compliance solutions to manage risk in innovative technology. Our work helps people feel more confident with their financial lives.
We are looking for someone with proven ability to work in a team environment and effectively manage staff. You have strong relationship management and leadership skills. With your sound decision-making skills, you are able to make decisions independently and quickly. You have strong research skills coupled with strong problem solving and analytical skills. In addition, you have solid written and oral communication.
What You’ll Do All Day:
- Review compliance credit program and version for new product launch.
- Perform and/or assist with compliance reviews of internal processes and procedures of various business units to support ongoing business line compliance with applicable regulations. Areas in scope are all consumer lending products under the Simple brand. Prepare compliance review reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and produces accurate and reliable information for decision making.
- Review customer communications and updates to the customer screen flows and U/X (mobile, web, phone, text support) to ensure compliance with applicable regulations; Support compliance communication efforts by updating intranet resources and content.
- Monitor and track changes to state and federal laws, regulations, rules, and guidance for relevant areas. Review, update, and implement policies & procedures that comply with new and revised regulations.
- Develop relationships of trust and confidence with multiple lines of business. Participate in special department projects, and assists Simple’s Compliance Officer as needed
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
We’d Like To See:
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Juris Doctor or CRCM preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience as a financial services compliance professional, bank regulator or other comparable legal or auditexperience.
- Proven ability to work in ambiguity and track record of creating, implementing and running lending compliance programs.
- Extensive knowledge of the laws, regulations, and subjects applicable to consumer lending products and services: TILA, ECOA, FCRA, UDAAP, SCRA, FDCPA, E-Sign, Privacy, Identity Theft, Marketing, Fair Lending, etc.
- Familiarity with consumer marketing and credit origination processes.
- Familiarity with new product development and product changes