We are seeking a Credit & Collections Manager who will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters in Nashville, TN. The position reports to the company’s Director of Risk Management and Credit. The successful candidate for this role will have the responsibilities and qualifications summarized below:
- Lead a staff of collectors located in multiple offices and manager day-to-day collections activities.
- Monitor and review collections, tracking call history reports, identifying problem accounts and determining resolution.
- Develop team members.
- Develop and enhance policies and procedures around collection processes.
- Define and monitor credit worthiness of customers, engage with the field representatives and constituents to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Manage dispute resolution procedures; establish validity of client claims and direct appropriate actions taken to secure collection of legitimate debts.
- Minimize exposure to potential loss.
- Prepare and present reports reflecting status of collection activity for senior management and gaining commitment to objectives.
- 7+ years of successful collections experience, preferably in the construction and/or aggregates industry.
- 4+ years of credit and collections experience in a managerial capacity.
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or related discipline preferred. Will consider candidates with no degree who meet required experience.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, credit and collections metrics, and benchmarks.
- Strong understanding of construction contracts, credit laws, lien laws, UCC filings and personal guarantees.
- Demonstrated strong change management and influence skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of Oracle or similar business enterprise suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to confront field management over difficult customers.