* If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies.
* As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more.
* We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one.
* We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential.
* We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
* Responsible for evaluating the credit risk for all current and potential customers.
* Releases orders, processes credit applications, oversees collections, manages credit control, performs administrative and analytical assignments.
* Provides support on insurance related matters as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Exercises prudent control and sound judgment while reviewing orders daily for possible release.
* Follows up on past-due accounts.
* Manages accounts within established terms and credit limits.
* Establishes and maintains customer credit limits within established policy parameters.
* Investigates and verifies the financial status and reputation of prospective and existing customers by reviewing and analyzing credit reports, financial statements, bank references, trade credit references, and payment history.
* Possesses a working knowledge of global credit and collection practices, including documentary collections.
* Updates and maintains the customer credit files in compliance with credit policies.
* Effectively interacts with customers, sales organizations, all levels of management, credit associations, and banks.
* Reviews periodic customer account statements.
* Prepares spreads to apply unapplied cash.
* Performs analyses and projects as assigned.
* Prioritizes and effectively manages multiple responsibilities.
Skills and Abilities
* Excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers and business partners.
* Must have a customer service focus that builds and enhances positive relationships within the organization and with external parties.
* Effectively collaborates with various internal business functions to resolve issues and increase cross functional effectiveness.
* Understands basic accounting and mathematical concepts and able to perform related analyses, including financial statement analysis.
* Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Contributes to improvement initiatives that eliminate, simplify, standardize and automate processes.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a related field (Required)
* One to three years of experience in credit & collections, accounting or a related field (Required).
* Strong computer skills with interest and ability to learn and support implementation of new systems.
* Intermediate: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook, SharePoint
* Basic: Accounting/ERP Systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.