Credit & Collections Analyst
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for evaluating the credit risk for all current and potential customers. Releases orders, processes credit applications, oversees collections, manages credit control, performs administrative and analytical assignments. Provides support on insurance related matters as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercises prudent control and sound judgment while reviewing orders daily for possible release.
- Follows up on past-due accounts.
- Manages accounts within established terms and credit limits.
- Establishes and maintains customer credit limits within established policy parameters.
- Investigates and verifies the financial status and reputation of prospective and existing customers by reviewing and analyzing credit reports, financial statements, bank references, trade credit references, and payment history.
- Possesses a working knowledge of global credit and collection practices, including documentary collections.
- Updates and maintains the customer credit files in compliance with credit policies.
- Effectively interacts with customers, sales organizations, all levels of management, credit associations, and banks.
- Reviews periodic customer account statements.
- Prepares spreads to apply unapplied cash.
- Performs analyses and projects as assigned.
- Prioritizes and effectively manages multiple responsibilities.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers and business partners.
- Must have a customer service focus that builds and enhances positive relationships within the organization and with external parties.
- Effectively collaborates with various internal business functions to resolve issues and increase cross functional effectiveness.
- Understands basic accounting and mathematical concepts and able to perform related analyses, including financial statement analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Contributes to improvement initiatives that eliminate, simplify, standardize and automate processes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a related field (Required)
- One to three years of experience in credit & collections, accounting or a related field (Required)
- Strong computer skills with interest and ability to learn and support implementation of new systems.
- Intermediate: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook, SharePoint
- Basic: Accounting/ERP Systems