The Credit Card Portfolio Lead is responsible to manage the revenue of the credit card portfolio. The position will manage the overall strategic roadmap for the portfolio growth and development, as well as to ensure it remains healthy and yielding expected revenue. The incumbent would be responsible for meeting the financial goals of the portfolio, including balances, sales, number of cardholders, interest income and interchange income. The position will also develop and execute direct portfolio stimulation and growth campaigns as well as support the planning, development, and implementation of portfolio growth tactics, existing customer management strategies, and the overall management of pricing initiatives and utilization promotions.
Management or Supervision: Yes
Portfolio Strategy and Program Management
- Accountable for overall portfolio balance and revenue generation.
- Create portfolio management strategies to maximize portfolio growth across all customer contact points, including statements, customer service, direct/ e-mail, online/digital, and branch; collaborate with Product, Credit, Marketing, Finance, and Operations in the execution of such strategies.
- Design, develop and oversee customer management programs including:
- 1) credit line increase programs
- 2) new and dormant account activation
- 3) sales volume increase
- 4) balance build campaigns
- 5) customer retention programs
- Accountable for all credit card balance transfer programs for existing customers.
- Accountable for maintaining and increasing sales on card through sales stimulation programs.
Portfolio Revenue and Rewards Management
- Responsible for portfolio yield management and pricing initiatives including seasonal promotions and utilizationcampaigns.
- Accountable for the management of all customer rewards programs, including responsibility for rewards expense budget and reserve, pricing of offerings, promotion, and working with third party partners including fulfillment agencies.
Affinity and Co-Brand Program
- Responsible for managing affinity and co-branded partnerships.
- Serve as liaison with partners to define and manage multiple programs concurrently.
- Ensure programs are profitable and partner relationship is healthy Identify new opportunities to establish partnerships, as well as opportunities to deepen relationships with partnership generated card members.
- Partner with credit risk to strengthen portfolio performance and credit quality.
- Partner closely with risk teams to identify opportunities within current credit strategies to optimize risk/reward trade-offs.
- Partner with credit risk to optimize utilization and credit line for existing customers.
- 10+ years of experience in credit cards with focus in portfolio management, rewards management, marketing, and analytics.
- Experience in credit card lending including credit strategies preferred.
- Experience in consumer lending marketing preferred.
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all components of unsecured lending channel.
- Proficient in all Bank products and services and alternative delivery channels within a retail bank.
- Ability to make decisions independently and obtain maximum staff performance.