Job Posting Title
Credit and Collections Supervisor/Manager
This position manages the day to day credit activities for the US and LATAM and collection activities for the US. This is a regional role.
This is a key role partnering with the US and LATAM Sales teams, Commercial Finance teams and GL support teams by providing leadership, guidance, direction and support to the credit and collection teams supporting these regions.
The key to success in this role lies in building supportive, strong relationships and business knowledge and ensuring integrity, accuracy and completeness of data provided. A real customer service focus is required.
You will also play an active role on the Finance team, as well as assisting the Regional Manager, Credit and Billings (US/LATAM), supporting enterprise initiatives as and when they arise.
Act as a change agent and driver for continuous improvement around the processes owned, with a focus on improving the key metrics around our credit and collections targets, leveraging off your very strong experience and skill set in this field.
This is a hands-on role and will roll up the sleeves to help the US/LATAM regions achieve their goals and deadlines.
The role will be based in Las Vegas.
What you'll do
- Responsible for upholding all financial controls and procedures as they relate to credit and for reviewing those procedures and recommending appropriate changes from time to time as business needs dictate.
- Leads credit department team members to conduct credit reviews through analysing customer credit applications, financial statements, banking reports and credit reports from third parties to determine the credit-worthiness of the customer. Ensure Aristocrat and its companies are protected from any unreasonable adverse credit exposure and risk.
- Reviews and authorizes credit limits up to authority as prescribed by company authorization matrix and where needed, makes recommendations for limits above authority for ultimate approval.
- Performs regular due diligence on all new customers with a view to providing credit in accordance with the established matrix, procedures, and policies.
- Oversees department document retention policy in relation to current and inactive customer accounts.
- Implement agreed credit and service hold policies and report exceptions to the Regional Manager, Credit and Billings (US/LATAM)
- Make recommendations to the Regional Manager, Credit and Billings (US/LATAM) that should be turned over to Legal or an outside agency for collection.
- Maintain company doubtful debt provisioning policy and make bad debt write off recommendations to the Regional Manager, Credit and Billings (US/LATAM)
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management and financial reporting, including requirements for Half Year and Year End Group external reporting.
- Assist with the cash flow analysis and forecasting and budgeting across the US/LATAM regions as it is impacted by Accounts Receivable.
- Put in place actions to help achieve Key Performance Indicators (KPO’s) and cash flow targets for each of the US/LATAM regions.
- Represent Finance on cross functional team to ensure most efficient sales contract generation and approval process.
- Builds a continuous improvement culture across the regional credit and collection teams to ensure highest level of customer service provided (to both internal and external customers); whilst not comprising internal controls.
- Have a proactive approach to collections, whereby collection teams are in regular contact with customers and account managers, to ensure customer issues are resolved prior to debts becoming due
- Ensure accurate application of customer cash receipts. Implement practices to ensure efficient cash application and drive reductions in unapplied cash balances.
- Monitors past due accounts receivable and make recommendations to the Regional Manager, Credit and Billings (US/LATAM) and implement collection action and workout plans.
- Maintains contact with customers regarding past due balances. Oversees completion of reconciliations and maintaining customer files including copies of unpaid invoices, verifies returned goods, researches payment problems and assists with the resolution of customer disputes.
- Works closely with Sales Directors and where needed the Account Executives to collect past due balances.
- Review collection operations regularly, to improve cash flow and reduce outstanding receivable
What we're looking for
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent commercial credit and collection experience required. CBA. CBF, CICP, ICCE preferred
Experience: A minimum of 7 years credit and collection experience or equivalent is required.
Experience in a global organisation preferred.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Established skill level with standard credit/collection concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Proficient in business management computer systems, D365, Salesforce, GetPaid
- High degree of skill in MS applications including Excel.
- Goal orientated with the ability set and achieve objectives.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Display orientation to profitability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strengths in written and oral communication.
- Must possess a high level of personal and professional accountability and be able to enlist the cooperation of peer groups involved in common business goals and objectives.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand Spanish a plus.
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: Respect, Courage, Integrity and Passion
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Las Vegas, NV, US
AP / AR / Financial Accounting