Saint Augustine, FL
Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 167 days ago
This position is responsible for analyzing financial status of customers, approving credit lines extended to customers, ensuring timely collection and application of payments and collecting delinquent accounts. It is also responsible for hiring, training, staff development, generating and improving department's operational goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews collection reports to ascertain payment status, outstanding balance, and evaluate effectiveness of credit and collection policies and procedures.
• Establish customer account credit limits by analyzing applicant's credit history, credit worthiness and payment potential.
• Monitors the percentages of aged accounts by collecting, analyzing, summarizing account information and trends.
• Reviews delinquent customers and establishes repayment schedules by email and/or telephone.
• Audits delinquent accounts. Ensures maximum efforts have been taken before assigning "hold" and/or bad debt status to account and escalates to senior management.
• Determines legal course of action by conferring with attorneys and estimating successful recovery probability.
• Reviews and approves adjustments to accounts.
• Complies with federal, state, and local credit and collection requirements by analyzing existing and new credit and collection legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Responsible for Letter of Credit and bankruptcy claim processing.
• Special projects as assigned by Manager.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
•Other duties as assigned
Supervise three Credit & Collections Representatives who are responsible for ensuring on-time collection and collecting on delinquent accounts. Also leads one Accounts Receivable Representative responsible for timely and accurate cash applications. Sets team goals and drives accountability. Completes midyear and annual reviews. Hires and trains new employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
Travel up to 10% Annually.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and three to five years related management experience and/or training.
• Five to ten years related Accounting experience.
• Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
• Experience in SAP is strongly preferred.
• Experience in shared services environment preferred.
• Strong history of completing credit reviews with credit lines in excess of 15 million dollars.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Professional or credit certification is a plus.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Must have the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
JOB SKILLS/TYPE OF PERSON
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Must be detailed oriented and thorough.
• Possess advanced mathematical and financial analytical skills.
• Knowledge of legal compliance