Our Credit Analyst roles are an instrumental part of our Commercial lending team and provide the underwriting expertise for our Commercial Relationship Manager/Lenders. Our commercial lending teams touch a variety of commercial and business banking credits including commercial real estate (CRE) encompassing both developer and investor (D&I) and commercial and industrial (C&I), small business, lines of credit, and more. Job duties for this role include:
-Responsible for approving the extension of credit and/or making recommendations to the person(s) making the final lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans to approve or deny the extension of credit.
-Conducts complete credit analyses including gathering, analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective customers.
-Reviews customer accounts and portfolios in order to identify, evaluate and determine the appropriate course of action on potential credit quality issues in order to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss to the company.
This position can be based in Saint Cloud, MN, Fargo, ND, Sioux Falls or Rapid City, SD, or Appleton or Green Bay, WI. These locations are typically also home to some of our Wealth Management (Private Banking, Trust, Investments), Mortgage, Operations, Small Business, and Retail branch team members. You'll have a network of bank partners right down the hall.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of experience in credit analysis and/or lending activities
- Excellent credit analysis and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of credit administration, policy and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of economics, accounting, and finance
- In-depth knowledge of risk analysis
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills