Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
Customer Financial Services Credit & Finance Analyst needed for Long Island
Global company specializing in optics and imaging products looking for a Credit & Finance Analyst
The CFS Credit Analyst is responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the accounts receivable for specified customers as assigned to them by their respective Credit Manager or by our client Customer Financial Services.of Customer Financial Services. Account maintenance will include the extension of credit within assigned authority, periodic credit reviews, and the timely resolution of account discrepancies and payment delinquency. It is the Credit Analysts' responsibility to adhere to Nikon Americas Inc.'s stated Policies and Procedures as they relate to the ongoing management of its investment in Accounts Receivables. The Credit Analysts' focus is to be continually placed on sales facilitation, customer satisfaction and continuous process improvement. This is to be achieved at all times with the highest degree of attention to ethical behavior as it relates to dealing with the company's customers, service providers and company personnel. The Analyst needs to be adaptable, flexible and able to collaborate with other employees at different levels within the organization to accomplish common goals. The Analyst must be able to incorporate Nikon's values in their personal work behavior, decision making, contributions and interpersonal interactions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Research, establish and/or review existing credit limits on all assigned customers.
* Analyze financial statements, credit applications, credit bureau reports, and bank and trade references and conduct thorough research regarding the creditworthiness of assigned customers.
* Prepare updated credit reviews including detailed recommendations of appropriate credit lines and risk ratings for assigned customers.
* Communicate with credit insurance brokers any adverse changes as it relates to customers as defined under Nikon Americas Inc.'s trade credit insurance policies.
* Facilitate the ongoing collection process of past due balances via e-mail, phone, dunning process and written correspondence as required.
* Reconcile account balances and facilitate on a timely basis the resolution of any charge back disputes including freight, tax, pricing, returns and advertising. Accurately detail any requests for the writing off of any specific balances.
* Continuously release customer orders from credit hold when appropriate in order to avoid unnecessary shipping delays to customers. Order release activity may be required during weekend hours if requested.
* Work with Nikon Imaging Service Department in the release of orders and reconciliation of customer account balances including receipt and application of customer credit card payments.
* Perform customer visits to review specific financial data or to resolve disputed balances (10% of time.) Some international travel may be required.
* Work outside of normal business hours of operation, as required in order to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities.
* Assist in monthly reports presentation.
* Maintain and monitor scoring reports from various credit agencies.
* Provide customer invoice copies, credit copies and proof of delivery documentation.
* Perform administrative work including filing and typing as needed.
* Obtain remittance advice for payments received which do not have a remittance included.
* Complete monthly > 60 Day Delinquency report for the GM of Customer Financial Services.
* Complete monthly trade group report as required.
* Communicate with customers and Nikon account managers regarding orders holding due to credit restrictions or delinquent payments.
* All other duties as required or assigned by their respective Credit Manager or the General Manager of Customer Financial Services.
* Participate in internal audit reviews as required.
* Assist in the bad-debt reserve analysis and write-off process.
* Responsible for maintaining /updating cash forecasting tool in SAP.
* Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook skills required.
* SAP Experience Preferred.
* Strong working knowledge of internet applications.
* Strong communication and negotiation skills both oral and written. (Invoice collection phone skills mandatory.)
* Strong time management and work prioritization skills.
* Sound research, analysis and reconciliation skills.
* Proficient in analyzing customer financial statements.
* Ability to interact effectively with customers and colleagues at all levels * Fundamental knowledge of Credit & Collections Principles & Practices
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* 3 to 5 yr.'s experience in Business to Business credit and collections environment required.
* BA / BS in Business or Finance preferred.
* Experience in dealing with retail, wholesale and ecommerce businesses preferred.
* Experience dealing with international customers preferred.
* Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish, written and oral) skills are preferred but not required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to successfully perform the essential functions of the position