Symetra is looking for an Investment Grade Credit Analyst in the Farmington, CT office. This individual will focus on the financial and industrial sectors of the Symetra investment grade corporate portfolio, and will provide research on the issuers within them.
- Performs intensive fundamental credit analysis
- Formulates and effectively communicates investment recommendations that add value to the portfolios
- Provides quantitative/analytical and qualitative support for investment grade corporate bonds
- Presents credit ideas to the PM/fixed income team supported by a well-developed investment thesis
- As part of the Investment Grade Corporate Credit team, the Analyst will work directly with Portfolio Managers, traders and other analysts within the team. In addition, the Analyst will interact regularly with other members of the Symetra investment department
- A minimum of 5-15 years of corporate credit research experience on either the buy side or the sell side.
- A Bachelors level degree is required and a post-graduate degree or professional qualification (e.g. CFA) is preferred
- Experience following multiple credit sectors would be advantageous
- Ability to provide quantitative/analytical and qualitative evidence to support an investment thesis
- Comfort dealing with uncertainty and risk, and ability to make investment decisions that are supported by rigorous analysis and communicated with strong conviction
- Strong understanding of investment concepts, coupled with intellectual curiosity
- High level of initiative and experience developing and implementing value added investment recommendations
- Ability to work effectively in a small, collaborative team, while also communicating and interacting with a larger group of investment professionals
- Strong analytical and communication skills (both written and oral)