we are looking for a Credit Analyst to:
*take a leading role in covering US Commercial Real Estate – encompassing CMBS, REITS, and other CRE debt related instruments.
• Undertake fundamental credit and relative value analysis as well as strategic research in your covered sectors.
• Make recommendations based fundamental assessment, security technicals, and market dynamics to portfolio managers situated across the globe.
• Create, disseminate and maintain research and recommendations in accordance with internal processes and guidelines.
• have commitment to continuous development of industry knowledge, technical expertise, analytical abilities and presentation skills.
You would be part of the Chicago office of the fixed income team. We offer a challenging and intellectually stimulating opportunity that allows for you to use your analytical skills and capital markets experience to formulate security selection recommendations.
• Team oriented professional who is confident and can add value across portfolios
*Solid and confident in communicating to a global audience on market fundamentals
• Abie to formulate independent opinions and communicate research views and investment recommendations clearly and concisely.
• Strong organizationally and have the ability to work in a collaborative environment on multiple projects concurrently.
• someone with attention to detail, accuracy and timely delivery are critical.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in fundamental CRE credit research successfully making investment recommendations for multi-asset portfolios.
• Solid understanding of commercial real estate debt and capital markets modelling.
• Formal credit training background and buy-side analyst experience is preferable.
• Strong Excel and Word skills and extensive experience with Bloomberg and/or Trepp/Intex are critical.
• Experience in fixed income asset classes and associated analytics required.
• Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work unsupervised
• Minimum bachelor's degree with specialization in finance, accounting or real estate a plus.
• CFA or other professional qualification is desirable.