Professional with experience in credit risk analytics and trading/capital markets products. Knowledge of financial institution credit risk management is a distinct advantage along with understanding of OTC derivatives and ETFs.
- Develop and maintain robust and effective risk management framework for Counterparty Risk Management.
- Manage a portfolio of complex financial institutions identifying key risks and communicating credit concern when early warning signals arise. Analysis of financial institutions a requirement to include global banks and broker dealers.
- Suggest methodologies for improving portfoliorisk analytics in collaboration with Risk managers globally while streamlining efficiencies.
- Ensure risk management and control standards are consistent with market best practice and regulatory standards. Ensure monitoring is in accordance with established guidelines.
- Examine Counterparty Risk Management issues and respond to ad-hoc requests from various business groups and senior management.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments, new products, services, technologies and applications as well as their respective impact on the business’ risk profile.
- Provide education and tools to the first line to enable the measurement, reporting, and management of counterparty risk.
- Ensure that appropriate risk management information is produced and reviewed at appropriate intervals and to the relevant bodies (committees, boards, etc). Escalate heightened or out of appetite risk to Global SSGA CRO, International CRO, and all appropriate governing bodies.
- Promote and support a culture of effective challenge that drives a risk aware culture throughout the firm.
- Aid in training junior staff in credit analysis and supervise staff, where appropriate, together with any dual managers.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with colleagues in SSGA Risk, ERM and throughout the organization.
Minimum Job Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. MBA and/or CFA designation or working towards such is preferred.
- 5+ years of related credit and/or risk management experience in a financial service organization and/or regulatory examination capacity. Minimum of 3 years of credit analysis experience focused on financial institutions.
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with others throughout the organization.
- Communicates ideas clearly and efficiently, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem resolution and superior analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently under tight deadlines.
- Computer proficient.