Citi has undertaken a significantly large and complex initiative of redefining Wholesale Credit Risk target state. This initiative will review and redefine operating model, policies, processes and technology & data infrastructure across 1st and 2nd lines of defense. This role will be in 2nd line of defense, Risk Management, and will focus on data and technology infrastructure for institutional client's credit analysis, approval and underwriting systems. Responsibilities will include defining target state and initiating and managing projects to achieve target state, working closely with Technology and Credit Risk partners. Additionally, this role will be responsible for any regulatory deliverables related with data and technology infrastructure for Credit Analysis and Underwriting.
- Develop a cohesive strategy and target state for Credit Analysis, Approval and Underwriting systems and data partnering with key members of Relationship Management Teams, Credit Risk, Data and Technology Teams.
- Develop key requirements for data and technology infrastructure for Credit Analysis, Approval and Underwriting by understanding regulatory mandates, policy requirements and with inputs from credit officers, technology & data teams and other stakeholders.
- Develop strategy to use new technologies like NLP (Natural Language Processing), Machine Learning and others to automate Credit Memo preparation, Financial Spreading, Early Warning Indicators and other processes.
- Develop and manage multi-year plan to achieve target state.
- Develop and own remediation plans for specific regulatory and internal audit mandates within prescribed timeframe. Track regulatory deliverables related to data and technology.
- Manage a team of 3 to 5 individuals.
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree, with distinguished academic achievement.
- 15+ year experience covering Credit Risk Management, Technology and Project Management
- Good understanding of Credit Origination, Credit Analysis, Credit Approval, Financial Spreading, Risk Ratings and other steps in Credit Underwriting process for large Corporate Clients and Financial Institutions.
- Good understanding of banks internal ratings systems including concept of dual rating for Probability of Default and Loss Given Default, familiarity with External Ratings.
- Understanding of Financial Spreading process including financial statements, financial ratios and projected financials. Familiarity with Financial Spreading software will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of credit origination, analysis and underwriting based workflow systems. Familiarity with industry platforms like Salesforce, nCino and others will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of new technologies to automate Credit Memo & Data Collection process including NLP, NLG, Machine Learning and others.
- Broad understanding of current regulatory environment for Credit Analysis, Credit Ratings and Credit Underwriting.
- Good understanding of technology development life cycle with track record of managing technology projects.
- Superior Communication and Influencing skills.
- Analytical individual with ability to model data and draw conclusions.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with demonstrated experience in executing against tight deadlines and managing issue escalation.
- Ability to move between the detail and the strategic, providing quality content at both.