At Coffee & Bagel Brands, our team has a common set of values that we call our Purpose & Heart. These are the behaviors that guide how we work, how we treat each other and how we treat our guests. Our goal is to create Bright Spots for each other and our guests every day. A Bright Spot is all about making someone’s day and putting a smile on their face!
Coffee & Bagels Brands is Caribou Coffee, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Noah’s New York Bagels, Bruegger’s Bagels and Manhattan Bagel. We are your friendly neighborhood gathering place for good conversation and great food.
The Creative Strategy Director is responsible for developing and bringing to life the brand strategy for Caribou, guiding all projects and the amazing work produced by Caribou’s internal creative team and external roster of agency partners. We are looking for a highly-engaged individual that has the ability to keep one foot (or hoof) in the trenches, while chipping in to generate the big ideas.
The Creative Strategy Director manages the day-to-day strategy and delivery of marketing content, either in-house or through working with Caribou’s external creative partners. This role requires the development of close working relationships with our internal creative, product and brand partners to ensure creative content delivers on brand strategies that follow the guiding star of the Caribou brand: “Life is short, stay awake for it.”
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Development and execution of annual Caribou brand marketing and product campaigns.
- Drive clarity of positioning and effective translation of brand understanding and objectives into creative output.
- Work as part of an integrated Brand and Creative Services team to deliver the highest priority deliverables.
- Work with Brand and Media partners to align on appropriate media channels and develop campaign media strategies.
- Conduct creative agencies briefings, and ensure collaborative relationships with all creative resources, both in-house and from agencies.
- Collaborate on budgets with Brand Teams and take responsibility for on-time and on-budgetcampaigns.
- Ensure all marketing and communications activity is in compliance with the Caribou brand guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of annual strategic marketing plans to enable teams to make appropriate marketing investment decisions.
- Keep ahead of developments in the field of marketing and technology/digital trends, maintaining links with the industry and incorporating into marketing plans where relevant.
- Embrace change, and make improvements to working practices.
- Be a successful team leader, able to manage self and others within a complex matrix environment.
- Exhibit interpersonal and communication skills to influence senior internal and external stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience leading the delivery of multichannelcampaigns with consumer brands.
- Understand marketing techniques, including qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Experience managing delivery from in-house and third-party creative resources.
- An impressive record of creative achievement and driving creative strategies and executions.
- Experience of leading the way in new digital and social mediacampaigns.
- Experience of budget management and ensuring the efficient use of resources.
- Experience of driving collaboration across organizational boundaries.
- Experience of managing critical stakeholder relationships.
- Experience leading creative, marketing strategy and brand work.
- Strategic thinking within Creative Process (brand design, voice, personality).
- Analytical Skills: able to analyze trends, look at new data and stay current.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Solid communicator and good interpersonal skills.
- Management skills, project management & planning.
- Retail mindset/ merchandising skills a plus.
- Clear written and verbal communications.
- Strong people management & people developer skills.
- Excellent attention to detail. Required:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of experienceworking within creative, marketing and brand strategy.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility and ability to multi-task in fast-paced food and beverage category.
- Candidate must have strong leadership, communication, collaboration and people skills. The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours.
- These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou and Einstein reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and do not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.