As part of the Retail Marketing team, you will join a team of retail specialists, creatives, experience designers, producers, product marketers, go-to-market strategists and brand managers whose mission it is to fundamentally change how people shop. Guiding your team's search for how to bring innovation and fresh thinking to retail environments is the question: "What if Google was a place?". You may be responsible for managing retail executions, both online and offline, for Google products such as Pixel, Google Home, Google wearables and more. Regularly, you provide guidance to retail partners on how to best bring Google ecosystems to life in retail environments.
The role of the Creative Strategist is to help clients and agencies develop impactful, emotionally resonant, powerful strategies and ideas that manifest themselves on Google’s platforms.
Creative Strategists are in a unique position to collaborate at the initial strategic and idea generation stages, thereby helping brands develop marketing that is increasingly digital in nature, and native to user behavior on Google’s platforms, particularly on YouTube.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop insights and implications using Google, commissioned research and third party data and be able to inspire intimate and large groups of people with these insights.
- Devise, lead and drive Work Sessions that move clients towards activation.
- Keep abreast of new Google and other technologies and how to adapt that knowledge to the creative development space.
- Participate in and/or lead thought leadership projects that enhance the value of the entire Agency team.
- Partner closely with team members, other strategic planners in the broader Strategy and other internal Google teams. Create relationships with strategic planners.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working in a design, design strategy, marketing or account planning capacity.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external agencies.
- Experience with design thinking with demonstrated experience in applying it to business challenges.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced and evolving team environment.
- Ability to consult and communicate cross-functionally with multiple levels of management.