Responsible for leading in house creative services for all firearm brands, products and promotional activities. The Creative & Event Services team will work closely with sales and marketing to execute go-to-market programs. Position also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. At times, will require developing visual designs, and at other times, will be responsible for recruiting and managing third party design firms as well as internal design resources. The Manager, Creative & Event Services will develop & maintain the strategic direction for all Smith & Wesson, M&P, Performance Center, and Thompson social media programs, creative design and sales events, as a part of the overall Smith & Wesson Marketing, Public Relations and Communications platform.
Position reports to the Director, Sales & Marketing. The Creative & Events Services Manager will review and approve all work performed by the Creative & Events Services team while providing regular communication/updates to the Director, Sales & Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
- Develop creative programs and concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy
- Establish creative direction for the entire line of products
- Supervise and inspire the creative team; generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project
- Develop concepts and present to management
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Manage team members
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required; graduate degree preferred
- At least 4 years management experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing, and advertising
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Flash
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects & Premiere and Video editing (a plus) needed for this position
- Outstanding results as leader in a high-performing consumer goods business is a prerequisite; prior experience in outdoor goods industry preferred; Intimate awareness of the firearms market strongly desired.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good command of the English language in both verbal and written skills
- Exceptional skills in MS Office Suite -- Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion and apply best practices.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing and digital production. Proven experience delivering effective and innovative digital campaigns.
- Superior knowledge of social media, blogging, photo sharing, video sharing tools, platforms and applications.
- Familiarity with one or more enterprise listening and engagement platforms (Radian6, Sysomos, CoTweet, Spredfast, Involver/Webtrends)
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS, Actionscript & Drupal or other content management platforms
- Must have excellent interpersonal and writing skills, with the ability to communicate and engage with users online.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; Ability to travel.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments