The Creative Services Director cultivates a method to the creative madness to support the evolving needs of our global brand. Leads a team of traffic, project and packaging managers to support the overall execution of marketing materials and bring our unique brand concepts to life. Partners closely with designers and art directors to optimize and define our creative production, deliverables, and project timelines to support our marketing strategy, targets and growth. This key leadership role applies a unique combination of creativity and innovation with an inherent appreciation for efficiency and process.
What you'll do:
- Partners closely with the Head of Creative to anticipate and plan strategic creative development, resourcing, and programs.
- Thinks creatively to constantly improve creative infrastructure and workflows, design concepts, tools and ideas.
- Facilitates production processes, from initial request to implementation, collaborating closely with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the process.
- Brings a proactive approach to developing global resources to streamline creative processes and assets across our creative team, marketing department and international brand.
- Assimilates and articulates complex brand concepts into effective and tactical deliverables, projects and processes.
- Leads a culture of collaboration and accountability to eliminate bottlenecks and drive efficiency despite practical constraints.
- Manages global workflow of the creative team within a dynamic environment; anticipates and identifies challenges and demands to allocate projects across directors and designers.
- Fosters clear communication between the creative team to ensure overall alignment, efficiency and execution against project timelines.
- Leads and collaborates effectively within cross-functional teams; presents and explains strategy, brand concepts, and processes effectively; manages internal & external expectations and provides timely updates.
- Directs the artwork and creative production process for key marketing output; drives packaging and digital project execution.
- Takes ownership of the global asset management process and system; develops the digital asset management’s capabilities and helps establish style guides and standards to extend creative reach.
- Interfaces with international markets and partners to ensure consistency, quality, and delivery of design executions globally.
- Identifies, vets and selects agency partners; negotiates contracts and directs positive external relationships.
- Sources and manages creative collaborators, project managers and partners to augment the team, as needed.
- Grows and manages creative services team; sets vision, develops talent and advocates for team members.
- Manages budget and creative spending; oversees and reports on integrative, agency and creative production costs; suggests process improvements for cost-saving opportunities.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
What we're lookin' for:
- A minimum of 12 years of design experience working on CPG brands at an agency or in-house creative department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with a concentration in Marketing or equivalent.
- A professional juggler with an exceptional ability to assess needs, prioritize competing deadlines, and gracefully solve problems to keep projects moving forward.
- Strong understanding and a demonstrated ability of all methods and phases of design, production, and delivery for digital and print marketing.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with stakeholders from different departments and all levels of an organization.
- Extensive experience supporting high quality creative and design delivery for complex concepts with multiple stakeholders, in a quickly evolving environment.
- Proven history of exceptional communication skills in presenting ideas, influencing progress, brainstorming, and leading creative services teams.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative, flexible, and inventive with the ability to turn around projects with limited lead time.
- Ability to influence peers and company leadership and build consensus within a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to cultivate strong relationships within and outside the organization.
- Must be willing to check your ego at the door.
- Passion for Lagunitas and the craft beer industry.
- Love of dogs is optional, but tolerance of dogs is mandatory.
- Travel approximately <20% throughout the year.
- Work is typical office environment (by Lagunitas standards). ?
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.