Cox Media Group is committed to taking care of our employees, serving our clients and improving the quality of life in the communities we serve. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents. We are committed to having a diverse workforce that builds on the unique talents that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
• Drive the strategic and creative development of audience advertising across a wide range of media platforms including television, radio, print, digital and social media outlets
• Oversee marketing operations within the station and implement on-air and digital strategy for the station and ABC promotions
• Effectively manage station owned and operated inventory and budget to maximize performance and efficiency
• Build maintain and leverage working relationships with other CMG Orlando media assets/partners to form mutually beneficial marketing strategies
• Responsible for ratings performance of newscasts, in partnership with the news director, through creative execution of supporting promotional advertising both related to image and topical tactics
• Partner with station research director, news director and consultants on research projects that assess the station’s position in the market place by newscast and by talent
• Direct testing of promotional creative for on-air and other media
• Analyze research data and determine action plans based on agreed targets
• Provide strategic guidance and advice for station brand marketing, product description and presentation and public relations
• Lead internal and external communications related to local programming updates, station announcements regarding new employees (including developing biographical one pagers), station ratings performance from each sweep month, and, various news announcements as appropriate for public release
• Partner collaboratively with Directors of News, Sales and Programming
• Create and nourish an environment that drives continuous improvement and optimizes best practices
• Actively Lead key projects as assigned
• Oversee WFTV Now, the station’s OTT platform and identify opportunities to maximize our local scale.
• Lead 927 Creative, WFTV’s retail services department. Collaborate with sales and clients to produce outstanding creative and reach the station’s production revenue goal.
• Collaborate with the station’s Director of Community Affairs to support the 9 Family Connection brand.
• Develop strategic event partnerships that keep WFTV front and center at Central Florida’s biggest events.
• Oversee icFlorida.com, the stations website and app for theme park news, community events, arts and entertainment news.
• Manage the TV 27 brand and drive viewers to watch Channel 9 Eyewitness News and popular syndicated programs. Work with the sales department to leverage revenue making opportunities on this independent station.
• Maximize TV 27 outside advertising dollars to drive audience tune-in. Market Channel 9 Eyewitness News 7-9 a.m. & at 10 p.m.
• Relentless branding of TV 27 programming across every CMG Orlando platform. Hammer the market with the new station name.
• Market TV 27 as a local television station that’s home to Channel 9 Eyewitness News, popular syndicated programs like Blackish, the official home of NFL preseason football.
• Develop social ad campaign for morning and 10 p.m. newscasts. Focus on other digital platforms too.
Minimum of five years’ experience in a Marketing and Branding leadership role for a television station or television station group REQUIRED • Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or equivalent preferred• Strong fluency and proven track record of using linear and digital research to grow ratings and brand awareness• Ability to work in a fast-paced exciting environment• Superior verbal and written communication skills• Ability to collaborate with external clients and internal stakeholders at all levels of the company• Strong Public Speaking skills, internally and externally• Strong and focused team player and a consensus builder• Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel• Experience leading production and design teams• Bi-lingual language skills (Spanish) is preferred
Job ID: 1818728