Provides creative direction for three annual company-sponsored events. Responsible for complete creative project management and implementation (conceptualization, production, and on-site management) for onstage daily sessions, and event entertainment that may include musical or dance performances, video, audio, special effects, live and prerecorded music intended to educate, motivate and inspire the Mary Kay independent sales force and to enhance Company image. Determines the most effective and creative approach for communicating key messages based on Company and Event Production strategy. Interacts with senior level decision makers to present creative concepts and production for review at the appropriate stages. Actively researches industry trends to bring new ideas and applications to Mary Kay, Inc. Adheres and manages entertainment budget with approval from upper management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 1. Partners with Manager and in-house production team, external production company, entertainment agencies and internal business partners for development of stage design and event entertainment content. Evaluates the communication goals of internal partners and proposes creative approaches to support theibusiness objectives determined by upper management that provide an engaging, inspiring, motivating and educational experience for the Mary Kay independent sales force. Interfaces with senior-level decision makers for approval on creative approaches and event expenses
- 2. Establishes project plan, general sessions of each show, rehearsal schedule and event timeline/milestones. Leads creative vision with team and production and entertainment agencies to produce general session content, show themes and entertainment using live and recorded music, graphics, special effects (pyro, lasers, etc.), props, staging, lighting,sound design and live entertainers/performers to create high quality audience experience to inspire and motivate in the most cost-efficient manner. Meets with management to review projects at appropriate stages of project completion.
- 3. Manages pre-production phases between event staff and outside vendors to ensure all aspects of the production are following the production schedule. Lead frequent and effective communications between all partners. Manages and coordinates working stage designs with teamand outside vendors.
- 4. Responsible for conducting on site rehearsals for all onstage elements of events. Creates the rehearsal schedule that includes executive and staff rehearsals, sales force rehearsals, product launch productions,, entertainment, etc. Handles the coordination of all on-site vendors (production company, lighting and audio designers, entertainment manager, costumer, etc.) to make decisions that will result in the best overall on-stage presentation for show content.
- 5. Finds, reviews and selects individuals and companies to support creative content. Negotiate contracts and manages, directs and supervises their work including talent/modeling agencies, entertainment companies, music production companies, recording studios, entertainment managers, special effects companies, singers, dancers/dance troupes, choreographers, graphic artists, costumers, lighting and sound companies, prop houses/designers, composers, artist representatives, etc.
- 6. Communicates objectives, established parameters and production schedules to vendors and staff. Hires the appropriate specialist for the project, negotiates rates, prioritizes activities, establishes deadlines and approves quality of work to ensure the creative and technical integrity of work are in line with Company image and quality. Recommends and approves creative choices on components of projects including costumes, props, production schedules, performer selection, etc. Continuously interviews and evaluates new production personnel to widen the availability of outside resources. Conducts meetings with vendors and staff to discuss production progress and to ensure production objectives are attained.
- 7. Performs project management activities such as budgeting, scheduling and planning. Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions. Accountable and responsible for correctly budgeting, monitoring and reconciling individual show budgets. Reviews all final project costs and expenses, and prepares justification of any variance. Reviews final invoices for accuracy of costs for services rendered.
- 8. Participates in developing relationships with outside production companies. Manages coordination of all event production confidentiality agreements, RFPs, production company proposals, contracts, and SOWs. Uploads all documentation to SharePoint site.
- 9. Actively researches new technologies and is an expert on industry advancements, including lighting design, audio, video, projection, special effects, costume design and current entertainment trends. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies. Serves as a technical and business resource to other producers, assisting in the resolution of complex problems.
10.Provides music and entertainment support, as needed, within the department and the Company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree, plus
7 plus years of experience with pre-production and production of live events, with experience in the Direct Selling Industry desired.
- 1. Requires a comprehensive understanding of pre-production through post-production event process and a discriminating eye/ear for visual/audio/entertainment quality with an emphasis on leading and managing the creative process.
- 2. Strong project management skills and the ability to successfully coordinate multiple creative projects and the efforts of a number of internal/external personnel and projects simultaneously, under strict time frames and within approved budgetary parameters are critical to this role.
- 3. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills to interface with executives, internal project owners, outside vendors and independent sales force; to obtain direction and respond to issues raised by senior level decision makers; and to counsel and collaborate with executive leadership.
- 4. Effective presentation skills are important in order to articulate projects to senior management.
- 5. Influencing and negotiating skills are necessary as designs are frequently presented in a group environment.
- 6. Must have a thorough knowledge of PC hardware and configuration and of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 7. Travel required 25%.