Our in-house creative team is small in number but packed to the gills with talent and energy. What we need right now is a Creative Manager to help us (1) stay organized throughout the entire creative development process, and (2) help us bring our ideas to life through beautiful execution. This position reports to the Creative Director, and as you’ll see below, this position is a bit of a utility player.
Key Job Duties:
- Keeper of The Specs – Whether its print, digital, or video, we need someone who thoroughly understands production specs.
- Quality Control – Make sure all work is to spec when it ships out.
- Version control – Make sure the right versions go the right people, especially when those people are printers or ad networks.
- Coordinate Resources – Assist Creative Director with booking freelance creatives, booking developers and animators, getting estimates from outside production companies, and booking location, crew, and casting resources for photo and video shoots.
- Financial Coordination – Work with accounts payable and HR to make sure freelancers get paid accurately and on time.
- Budget Tracking – Keep track of spending for development and production.
- Resource Liaison – Stay in contact with outside production companies and freelancers to make sure projects are on track, and be the point of contact for inter-departmental projects.
- Master of Schedules – Create and monitor production schedules, and assist Creative Director with development schedules.
- General Support – Assist Creative Director with various other organizational tasks as needed.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
At least 5 years of experience in advertising and/or design agencies.
Fluent in print, digital, and video production.
Solid understanding of UX design.
Conscientious to the core.
Excellent communication skills – the ability to be tactful and diplomatic but also firm and, above all, crystal clear.