At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we're one of the world's fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you'd love to create stunning designs that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, join us! We're out to change the world, one design at a time.
About the template team
In the Templates Design Team, our mission is to make beautiful design accessible for everyone. With millions of users using Canva everyday, this is an opportunity to redefine visual communication and have a global impact on the way people communicate across print, social media, video, brand, and so much more.
From branding to social media, posters to stickers, to videos and beyond, the Template Design Team empowers our users to create stunningly beautiful content—by beginning their journey with a perfect and easily customizable template design. Canva's templates team is building the world's best design marketplace, with a library of designs that offer our users a wide variety of on-trend and usable content. We need the help of talented designers that can create and curate amazing visuals, to pave the way for the future of our design library.
About the group and/or team
The Canva Studio team are an exciting bridge between our enterprise customers and their success on Canva. With team members in Sydney, Manilla and Austin, we work directly with global clients to integrate, educate and enable them to use Canva in the best possible way. Our team of creative professionals provide strategic advice, organise and run efficient and fun education opportunities, create bespoke designs, recreate current assets and also provide multiple variations to enable a clients users to use Canva with ease. Canva Studio contributes directly to Canva's business success by helping acquire, retain and grow customers.
Goals the candidate will achieve in the first 6-12 months
Your goal as Creative Lead in Austin will be to support the successful transition of clients onto Canva. Working directly with clients to provide strategy, education and high quality design work. You will work with Canva sales and success teams to evaluate client needs, both for design and education, and then work with your team to deliver those needs.
As a Canva Studio lead team member, you will develop new practices and systems with your team to streamline and refine the Canva Studio offering. You will work towards the broader Canva goals and also be responsible in helping achieve your teams season and yearly goals.
You will be integral to a clients successful journey transitioning onto Canva, and be a mentor to your team.
Goals 0-6 months:
- Work with leadership team to refine Canva Studio offering
- Provide strategy, education and design support to multiple clients
- Enable and support your team of art directors, senior and junior designers
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Success team
Goals 6-12 months:
- Help Canva for Enterprise grow by providing a quality service to clients
- Grow Canva Studio to be the visual communication leader in the Enterprise space
- Create opportunities for team growth and support of all areas of Canva
- Communicating directly with exciting global clients
- Working to improve the Canva Studio offering
- Providing strategic advice on how a client can be most successfully integrated onto Canva
- Look for additional ways, beyond client needs, that Canva Studio can help clients
- Briefing and supporting art directors, senior designer and junior designers
- Make sure quality control is being adhered to
- Encourage design research, brainstorming, and design reference sessions with the team
- Work with team leads to support your own growth within Canva
- Support the team's scalability through documentation and process improvement
Experience the candidate will have
- 8+ years experience as a creative director, design director or design lead
- Experience working directly with clients, able to strategize and recognise clients needs
- Experience leading a team of designers, and providing professional support and development for creatives
- An eagerness to work with other team leaders on refining our systems and offering
- A love for design and creativity with a great eye for design and an extensive knowledge of brand guidelines
- The ability to write simple and clear briefs, with experience in seeing those briefs through with your team from start to finish
- Able to communicate your vision for quality to other designers effectively
- A strong portfolio demonstrating the projects you have worked on and how you developed them
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to work with other Canva teams where needed to create quality and exciting templates for our clients
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment;
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.Experience the candidate will have