Avenue is hybrid strategy and creative firm that lives at the intersection of business vision and culture, marketing and sales, and buyers’ needs. We help B2B companies succeed at important moments, whether that means a new product launch or a significant new direction for their business and brand. We’re based in Chicago’s River North neighborhood, and our teams emphasize creative collaboration.
We have an immediate opening for a Creative Director / Writer to bridge strategic planning, creative vision and team leadership. In this position, you’ll be flying at 30,000 feet one minute and diving into the trenches in the next. You will shape brand engagements in myriad B2B industries, manifest great ideas and work in teams of multitalented people (often leading, sometimes following, so be comfortable with both). A strong business acumen and marketing sensibility is a must. Most important, you’ll need to be able to envision and insightfully articulate strategy and big ideas on paper and in person—in a way that excites our clients and helps them see amazing possibilities for the future.
In this role, you will do the following:
- Lead the definition and unique expression of brand strategy: values, purpose, positioning and personality
- Lead campaigns, messaging and communications strategy and development
- Participate in go-to-market planning for new brands and product launches
- Guide campaign planning and concept development with creative director
- Contribute to long-term client creative vision
- Plan and facilitate discovery, strategy, and educational workshop sessions for clients
- Plan and facilitate internal ideation sessions
- Package agency recommendations — verbal and written — in a clear and compelling way
- Ensure Avenue’s work is on-strategy, on-scope and well crafted
Avenue hires unabashed overachievers. We are looking for a strategist with a history of strong thought leadership — such as speaking engagements and published writing — in marketing and branding. This position requires no fewer than ten years of experience in a marketing or brand agency or consulting environment. We look for life-long learners, who understand that you are never “done” growing — and who are generous in sharing their experience and knowledge with those around them.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with matching
- Health insurance
- Delicious coffee, ice cold La Croix, free lunch Thursday, Action Hero Awards, and regular gatherings (and plenty of bananas) at Magical Friendship Island
- Enthusiastic and friendly coworkers who are committed to doing great work
- Awesome workspace