The task at hand:
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Help to lead and win new business pitches
- Review and optimize the work your team produces, while making sure they are developing as creative problem solvers.
- Mentoring team leads (ACD's and creative leads)
- Providing high level concept guidance and approvals
- Working with Group Directors and Project Managers on internal team relationships and process
- Working with Leadership to properly get projects and process off the ground
- Assist in developing company wide creative processes including voice and content workshops, brief sessions, high priority brainstorms, emerging technology and social opportunities, and innovating on campaign work
- Always give constructive feedback.
- Support ECD and Leadership in hiring and staffing plans
- Support ECD in approving and conducting performance reviews
- Attend and provide leadership in high priority project brief and kick off sessions
The ideal candidate looks like this:
- Solid management experience leading large teams
- Demonstrated success in leading multiple social media campaigns.
- Gain client confidence as a leader who can manage work while successfully interpreting their brands
- Act as a dotted line to senior leadership, including the Executive Creative Director and C level stake-holders, ensuring that work is outstanding creatively and meets all brand objectives, while providing clear support and communication to the senior team on all current initiatives.
- Be flexible with and open to new processes, platform changes, and emerging technologies
- Manage your stress. Always be a positive influence on the floor and with your team
- Be adaptable, understanding and enforcing that a big idea can come from anywhere
- Have a mastery of industry best practices and be able to articulate the unique VaynerMedia POV on each
- Have an equal understanding of, and passion for, content and campaign, and foster that attitude among your team. Neither is more important than the other!
- Communicate well. Manage up to ECD and leadership, and down to your team
- Be solution oriented for any issues you may experience
- Stay up to date on emerging tech and the industry
- Have a strong creative vision and understanding of client/ agency business needs and objectives.
- Be able to recognize the distinction between good and great work.
- Have a strong understanding of brand in different spaces.