- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of conceptual creative experienceworking with an agency, global brand, retailer or creative consulting firm.
- 10 years of experience working as an Art Director at an agency, design firm, service design, design thinking or innovation firm.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating media, physical space, digital and print design experience in retail.
- Experience in devising and executing creative work across multiple retailchannels and formats, including third party partners, digital, eCommerce and pop-ups.
- Experience in leading creative work for phones, tablets, laptops, connected devices or other consumer technology products.
- Track record of success on an in-house creative team at an organization with a proven ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment, with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to demonstrate new thinking around where creative boundaries between digital and physical integration come together to deliver new and innovative retail customer experiences.
- Ability to creatively approach and solve challenges, take initiative and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to present and aspire people at all levels within an organization.
About the job
As the Creative Director for Retail and Google Store, you'll bring excellent visual, design, written, and experiential acumen to our Google-made devices and accessories at retail and the Google Store. You will be responsible for creating and shaping the visual language, marketing communications and end-to-end creative story for how Google’s hardware products and services are presented across different retailchannels and formats. You will drive innovation across numerous retail environments and provide creative guidance to our third-party retail partners on how to best bring Google hardware products to life.
In this role, you will partner with a number of cross-functional teams at Google, including Global Hardware Marketing, Sales, Communications, the Google Store, Product Management and Engineering. You'll also work directly with a team of internal creative resources to realize creative concepts and inspire a team of vendor partners by sharing ideas and developing effective solutions to generate multiple creative concepts. Additionally, you will inspire agencies to do their best creative work.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Act as the creative catalyst for our hardware brands across all retail touchpoints. Develop our retail brand expression by devising and executing creative concepts.
- Partner collaboratively with other Marketing teams and cross-functional groups at Google to align on brand expression and creative strategy, set priorities and devise execution roadmaps.
- Develop and foster relationships with our agency and production partners to deliver great work that is on brief, on time, and on budget.
- Nurture and mentor a diverse group of creative leads, design managers, visual merchandisers, writers, project managers and technologists to deliver innovative work.
- Develop and manage an in-house retail creative team that attracts key talent and can scale to meet the growth of Google’s hardware business.