What you will be doing
- Lead the creative/design direction for the company’s brand while managing operations of the company’s internal creative services department.
- Establish creative direction and develop design concepts that meet the global business objectives of the organization and that advance the global brand strategy.
- Lead and manage creative team for product packaging, catalogs, websites, social media, presentation design, video production and all print collateral.
- Work with creative team to generate ideas for pitching and proposals to management.
- Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs.
- Supervise and inspire the creative team, including vendor partners.
- Own and drive the creative calendar to include the creation, maintenance and delivery of detailed creative project plans, strategic initiative launches and internal department needs.
- Manage and provide quality control over multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Align and coordinate daily tasks and assign the appropriate workload to graphic designers, web developers and content writers to maximize the utilization of all resources.
- Source, train and develop creative and production personnel to meet the growing demands.
- Source and manage freelance artists and designers.
- Liaise with development and marketing groups to strengthen distributor experience.
- Adhere to and actively manage a consistent, cohesive calendar and budget with appropriate lead times and points of involvement with critical decision making members of the organization.
- Ensure quality control for all marketing materials.
- Successfully develop and maintain competitive and equitable vendor partnerships with strict quality and content standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities as business needs and functional role
Skills and experience we would like to see
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field plus 10+ years of progressively responsible work experience related to the creation of corporate branding and identities, marketing collateral, print layout, ecommerce design, web design and video production (broadcast).
Must demonstrate exceptional creativity, an eye for detail, technical skills, organization & file management skills, communication skills, presentation design skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Experience working for both agencies and in-house.
- A strong portfolio of hands-on design and art direction. Preferably with strong print, packaging and ecommerce pieces.
- Strong understanding of digital and current social media platforms as well as their use within marketing.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-project design/production environment.
- Demonstrated track record of successful design and integration, and the delivery of projects on-time and within the given budget.
- Strong understanding of and experience in corporate branding, layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital media.
- Strong understanding of creating scalable materials to be used for international markets.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines are essential for our fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in a variety of industry standard design and video creation tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe XD, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, Sketch, InVision, and others alike, as well as standard Microsoft Office applications such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in catalog design, packaging design, event marketing design, retail design, video production (broadcast), product photography, web design (ecommerce) and UX design.
- Knowledge of ecommerce website structure and functionality.
- Exceptional design skills including layout, typography, video, motion, storyboarding, design patterns, illustration, and wireframing.
- Proven ability to work across teams and synthesize input from all marketing divisions, research, and internal and external partners.
- Solid written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Self-starter who is a detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
- Experience in managing and mentoring senior and junior designers to execute high quality projects and deliverables.
- A willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.