The Creative Director for KIPP Texas will use their experience in growing brands, creativity, and innovative spirit to help us connect our mission to families, schools, advocates, donors, and new audiences. This work will take place across Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio and will include:
- Utilizing deep understanding of brand development, creative approaches, marketing strategies, industry best practices, and educational reform knowledge to position KIPP Texas now and in the future;
- Collaborating with the marketing and communications team to develop brand-aligned strategies for advocacy, development, studentrecruitment, KIPP Through College, talent recruitment, and other areas within the organization;
- Developing benchmarks to measure success and adjust tactics to meet the goals and needs of the organization;
- Working within the constraints of time and budget and;
- Utilizing strong interpersonal skills with a desire to live, act, and breathe a culture of communications with diverse audiences across four key regions in the state.
This position could be located in any of the four KIPP Texas regions—Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, or San Antonio.
- In collaboration with the deputy chief of marketing and communications, design, implement, and execute an annual marketing strategy for KIPP Texas;
- Support and facilitate the development and implementation of marketing plans and tactics to support the goals of various internal departments;
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of the creative team: creative services manager, social media specialist, and graphic and web design specialist, and oversee their daily activities;
- Plan and administer the KIPP Texas Marketing and Communications Team budget in partnership with the Deputy Chief of Marketing & Communications;
- Develop and manage web-presence and outreach strategy including website, social media and otherdigital platforms;
- Create benchmarks to determine return on investment and return on intent measures and adjust plans as needed to achieve goals, and;
- Collaborate with the chief advancement and external affairs officer, deputy chief of marketing and communications, internal communications manager, among others, to manage internal relationships.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to create integrated campaigns with multiple deliverables including graphic design, web, photo, video, exhibits, writing and editing;
- Digital and social media fluency with a competency and familiarity of using various forms of current and new technology (including collaboration platforms, video platforms, etc.) to support and enhance communication across dispersed teams and to deliver key messages in creative ways to different audiences;
- An excellent portfolio of work; including proven experience in digital and print design
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, with videography planning and direction experience a plus;
- At minimum, five years of experience in managing a creative team to include coaching and conflict management with team members possessing a variety of creative skill sets;
- Knowledge and experience in providing creative strategy and tactics to result in positive return on investment/intent;
- Evidence of high-level organizational and analytical skills, and ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously;
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish is a plus;
- Strong work ethic and an enthusiastic and passionate approach to the work;
- Self-starter and problem solver willing to take the lead to help proactively find solutions, prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines;
- A comfort level with uncertainty and find enjoyment in the process of continuous learning, experimentation, iteration, and improvement;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to finding new voices and stories;
- Ability to relate to and communicate with parents from diverse cultural, language, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds;
- Ability to occasionally travel to Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and/or San Antonio, and;
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Advertising, Art, Communications, English, Graphic Design, Marketing, Business, or related field.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.