International Data Group (IDG) is looking for a Creative Director to join our award-winning team as a new creative leader inside the organization.
The Creative Director will sit inside a newly formed group of strategists, marketers, and creatives to launch big bets for the company (owner of 100s of digital media properties) and our clients (every major technology vendor in the world). The creative director will be charged with delivering fresh user and creative experiences that help IDG, and IDG's client work, stand out from other technology media companies and the technology marketing landscape.
While members of our team are located across the country and in the United Kingdom, this role is ideally based at our corporate headquarters in Framingham, MA.
IDG offers excellent benefits including health (medical, dental, and vision), 401k, and time off allocations are available to all employees starting day one of employment. Upon joining IDG, you can expect to be part of a culture that rewards, recognizes, and respects achievement.
You and your team of art directors, designers and artists will drive beautiful and inspired creative that delights our readers and customers
- Work with management to map objectives and priorities for our creative strategy
- Partner with world-class program architects to conceptualize fresh ideas for customers
- Collaborate with editorial and engineering to deliver better brand and user experiences for our digital audiences on our editorial properties and in person at our live events
- Oversee creative processes and redefine how we work inside the company
- Identify and deploy systems, processes and platforms to centralize and improve how we work
- Oversee and manage a team of experienced designers and art directors to meet deliverables on time and within budget
- Remain actively involved in hiring, training and developing careers of all creative staff
We have a few pillars that we live by. These apply to how we work and what we are looking for:
- We believe quality is the key ingredient to value creation
- We believe the best way to get things done is quickly and iteratively
- Data is our middle name. Literally. And, we use it to inform our actions where ever possible
- We are a family and we want the best for each other and the company.
- You have 8+ years of experience managing creative departments across a complete canvas of creative expression: copy, digital, video, social, experiential, and print
- You have years of experience conceptualizing, designing and pitching marketing programs
- You have a portfolio which can illustrate how you have brought your visions to market
- You brain lives in multiple worlds: copy, design and commercial reality
- You have experience recruiting talent and developing teams
- Experience working in both B2B and B2C
- Experience in website design and art direction - wireframes, sketches, UI and execution for desktop, mobile and tablet
- Experience with story-based design including infographics and data visualizations
- Portfolio of work that includes projects from ideation through execution
- We use a variety of platforms including: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, XD, Wordpress, Celtra, InDesign, After Effects, Jira, Wrike, InVision
- Bachelor's Degree