GuideSpark is a fast growing, well-funded start-up that is revolutionizing how employers engage, communicate and train their employees. GuideSpark leverages the latest video and mobile technologies with unique content expertise to disrupt the $67B communications and training market. In a very short time we have built a tremendous roster of A-List clients from Fortune 1000 companies (e.g., Adobe) to fast growing start-ups (e.g., SurveyMonkey). Our fast-paced, entrepreneurial, culture is driving triple digit growth and we’re looking for great people to join our team.
About GuideSpark Studios:
Producers. Designers. Art Directors. Writers. Project Managers. Illustrators. Animators.
GuideSpark Studios is the in-house team of highly talented multimedia experts that design and produce visual content, from custom infographics to animated short-form. We work collaboratively within GuideSpark to understand each of our client’s objectives, to then write and create compelling assets that can be consumed and distributed via GuideSpark’s leading technology platforms. We successfully produce and deliver over thousands of content pieces each year.
Our team is comprised of both tactical and strategic groups, from creatives to writers to designers to producers. The tools of our trade run the gamut from scripts to storyboards, Adobe to Microsoft, from animatics to creative briefs. Whether it’s the creation of a new strategic template to add to our configured library or a client seeking a short-form workplace education video, the Studios team are champions of creative, purveyors of process and shepherds of storytelling. By leveraging our versatile and talented teams, we’re able to arm our clients with the right visual and design assets to focus on what matters most: their employees.
You dream big. You know that video has tremendous influence in how we consume information and you’re an expert in finding that powerful center between story and great design. And just as important, you know how to manage the creation of amazing content in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, defining and implementing hyper-efficient production processes. Plain and simple, you’re a creative guru looking to do more, and GuideSpark is calling your name.
We’re looking for an experienced creative and operational leader to build our growing Content Services team as a Creative Director. In this critical role, you will hit the ground running as a hands-on leader, defining and evangelizing design and video production best practices to a young and growing creative team. You will manage a portfolio of GuideSpark customers, translating their communication needs into high quality, engaging videos. You will be responsible for the overall production, quality, tracking, workflow, and delivery of all content within your portfolio, overseeing projects from conception through deployment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and guide creative strategy to ensure we deliver a positive content experience for all GuideSpark customers
- Responsible for the creative output of your dedicated content team, delivering engaging videos that help our customers attain their communication goals
- Help design and implement an effective approach for managing a high-volume content production workload, maximizing resource productivity while maintaining high standards of quality
- Define and/or present creative concepts to our prized customers
- Provide team leadership in the areas of evaluating key metrics, systems and processes
- Guidance and mentorship of in-house creative staff, including defining career trajectories, growth plans, and frequent performance feedback.
- Help optimize a scalable video production workflow infrastructure
- Foster positive, collaborative relationships with other functional areas within the organization
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of GuideSpark content workflows and products
- Recruit, hire and develop talent across all departmental roles
- Effectively operationalize a large number of seasonal hires to support cyclical business peak
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Digital Media or Film/TV/Video Production
- 10+ years in a video, media or content production environment
- 5+ years leading and managing a creative team
- Client-facing experience presenting creative concepts and driving toward creative goals
- Ability to brainstorm and concept engaging video ideas, under tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong operational skills with experience developing scalable processes and systems
- Ability to create the right business metrics and use those metrics to drive the business
- Excellent leadership skills, with ability to multi-task as well as delegate
- Exhibit a positive, can-do attitude and be willing to work in a hyper-growth environment. In other words, roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced start-up.
- This position will be placed out of our PORTLAND, OREGON office. Only local candidates or interested in relocating should apply. No remote or telecommuting.
o You will be expected to travel to our Redwood City HQ at least four (4) times per year, or once per quarter.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite, with strong preference towards hands-on Adobe After Effects knowledge
- Experience with video production workflows
- Familiarity with project management workflows
- Experience in healthcare, financial and/or human resource industries a plus
- You like snacks (Well, that’s not really a requirement, of course, but like any good start-up we do believe in keeping a kitchen stock full of ‘em)