The Creative Director is responsible for ensuring consistency and strength of the Foot Locker, Lady Foot Locker and Kids Foot Locker brand looks, identity, and feel across all channels, including in-store and digital, video and social imagery. This position will make sure brand positioning constantly attracts, inspires and engages the target customer across all markets within the US. This position will partner across many functions of marketing and merchandising to ensure the brand image supports and aligns with in-store and digital brand marketing strategies.
- Build brand standards and create processes to ensure all assets are brand appropriate
- Establish and enforce brand standards to maintain a singular voice by partnering with in-store team to ensure visual merchandising standards, partnering withdigital team to build a premium web experience, and partnering withsocial media team to craft posts that reflect the brand
- Produce creative assets
- Oversee photoshoots to highlight seasonal product stories and engage customers on social media and otherdigital platforms to reinforce brand vision.
- Partner with vendors to produce brand appropriate creative content for in-store and digitalmarketing efforts.
- Manage all in-store and event signage, promotional materials and packaging to ensure a focused brand strategy that appeals to the muse
- Establish brand story telling
- Collaborate with the brand team to produce and create brand campaigns and moments that capture the muse in all facets of our business
- Ensure vendor adherence to brand standards to make certain assets support overall FL/ KFL/LFL brand marketing strategies
- Provide visual merchandising direction to stores
- Manage visual merchandising guidebooks and communications to ensure stores are properly instructed on how to setup monthly product deliveries, in-store signage, and window presentations, and to promote a culture that cares about visual merchandising
- Emphasize and elevate the store experience for flagship stores, top properties, and balance of chain by exploring new ways to create stronger stories and a premium in-store customer experience
- Oversee in-store audio and video programming
- Promote a creative culture throughout the brand
- Identify strategies to engage in-store and digital teams in creative thinking while inspiring the brand expression
- Adhere and meet all deadlines set for each project as determined by weekly and master productions calendars.
- Partner with our North American Communications team to build and maintain relationships with external photographers, agencies, creators, vendors, design and cross-functional teams.
- Oversee department daily workflow, allocate project workload, and manage deadlines and budgets as needed for design team.
- Set direction and manage design team from concept through project completion of all projects including packaging, retail display, video content, special promotions, emails, banners, presentations, etc.
Managerial oversight of graphic/digital designers and visual merchandising manager
- Strong retail background with 3-5years of experience in visual merchandising or visual experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment which demands high quality, creativity and consistency
- Organizational and communication skills
- Superior written, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven relationship building skills
- Ability to lead in an agile environment
- Collaborative working style
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, both locally and remotely
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and ability to learn new systems
- Bachelor’s Degreepreferred