CUUP is a high-growth, direct to consumer lingerie company founded in November 2018. We began with a vision to help overcome the trade-off between looking good and feeling supported. We want to support her, not only with our product but with the world we’re building for her. CUUP’s team comprises cross-functional experts from Blackstone, Free People, Victoria Secret, Lululemon and McKinsey, and our investors include Forerunner Ventures, Insight Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Global Founders Capital, and Bullish. CUUP closed its Series A round in December 2019. This is a unique opportunity to engage at a critical and a role with real responsibility and ownership.
We’re based in New York but currently remote.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This Senior Creative role will lead and inspire the Creative team to shape CUUP’s brand creative. They will concept and craft innovative, cohesive campaigns and messaging across all channels— with a focus on the type of visual storytelling inherent to CUUP. You must have 10-15 years of experience working in Creative, either in-house or at an agency with experience in Photography and Video, Graphic Design, social media, and Print. They will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be a big-picture thinker, problem-solver, and have a passion for telling emotional evocative stories that further CUUP’s brand narrative. Experience in-house at a direct to consumer brand is a plus. .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead Creative team to craft a strong and compelling brand point of view across various platforms and mediums, including social media, organic and paid channels. Ensure POV is consistent and aligned with CUUP’s ethos.
- Translating business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to understand and contribute to the evolution of the brand image
- Seasoned in ability to concept and execute high-quality visuals by partnering with the industry’s best. Identify and work with up-and-coming creative talent.
- Lead, guide, and motivate a team of Art Directors, Stylists, and Graphic Designers. Oversee relationships with internal & external creative partners: agencies, freelancers.
- Partner across Editorial, Ecommerce, Experience, PR & Events, Studio photography and UX design teams to ensure that brand guidelines are adhered to and the creative expression is consistent in execution fitting CUUP brand language.
- Provide management, leadership, inspiration, guidance, support and direction for the Creative team. Encourage excellence, ambition and team spirit. Manage the department through multiple projects planning and responsible for timely delivery of all creative projects.
- Must have insight into the broader cultural and fashion landscape to realize creative that utilizes the highest quality of photography, moving image, design and typography in support of the brands personality and business objectives.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally with product and merch teams
- Ability to synergize between product storytelling and brand positioning, that marries our product intent with the customer we serve.