About the Team
DoorDash's mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about - helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, DoorDash is building a best in class Creative Department. We will be populated by diverse, eclectic talent that inspires and creates. We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking. We're here to create pivotal work that we, our partners, and the entire DoorDash community can be immensely proud of. We’re here to do the best work of our lives.
About the Role
To further our mission, we’re looking for a stellar Creative Director with a writer’s background who can do a little bit — or a lot — of everything. You have a passion for writing and understand the importance of big ideas. In addition to creating content, media, and marketing materials for the business, you will be responsible for leading and developing creative campaigns, developing original content, and representing the creative team in presentations. You express your ideas clearly not just on the page (or screen), but face-to-face. You have the ability to see the big picture. Your work will contribute to defining what great creative looks like, not only within the walls of DoorDash, but the entire creative industry. You will make sure the work is strategic and on brand and meets the business goals. We’re looking for Creative Directors who are excited about rolling up their sleeves and pitching in on all the opportunities that lie ahead.
What You’ll Do
- Think big while operating at the lowest level of detail
- Operate at a feverish pace while never compromising the craft
- Own creative of multiple initiatives with general direction on objectives
- Apply independent judgment at the project level
- Contribute to an environment that fosters remarkable creativity
- Nurture and lead the development of remarkable ideas, win advocates for great work, and obsess about the effectiveness of creative in market
- Ensure quality output in everything you do
- 11+ years of creative copywriting experience
- 2+ years of Creative Direction experience
- A strong agency background as well as a proven ability to create work for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries.
- Reliable self-starter who can oversee multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience in a range of platforms from social to film to 360 campaigns.
- Great presentation skills, both internally and client-facing.
- Ability to flex brand tone when applicable. You need to be able to help teams adapt their voices on each project.
- Experience across creative expression and production: traditional, digital, social, experiential, product and ideas that drive earned media
- Experience leading highly ambitious campaigns, and agile teams
- The ability to sell the unexpected
- Experience leading and mentoring creative teams to reach their fullest and highest potential
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.